- Day trip to Newport from Boston
- Enjoy the festive atmosphere of this coastal Rhode Island city during the holidays
- Admire views of green landscapes, beach vistas and opulent mansions adorned with Christmas decorations
- Learn from your guide about the famous Vanderbilt family, one of the richest families in the US in the 19th century
- Transport by air-conditioned coach included
Enter The Breakers, a 70-room mansion on 11 acres (4.5 hectares) of oceanfront land. As you admire the mansion’s elaborate holiday decorations, learn how this was the vacation home of Cornelius Vanderbilt II of the famous Vanderbilts, a 19th-century American family who rose to social nobility due to their enormous success in the railroad and shipping industry.
You’ll have 2 hours of free time to grab lunch, browse local shops for last-minute holiday gifts and sip a cup of cocoa on a stroll along the waterfront. Afterward, continue your tour to William K Vanderbilt’s vacation home, the Marble House, a 19th-century house made of white marble. You'll be amazed by the house's elaborate Christmas decorations as you tour inside.
Learn how William carried on his family’s fortune to become the richest man in the world by the time of his death in 1877. His gilded mansion is said to have been inspired by the 18th-century Petit Trianon at Versailles.
Sit back and relax as you drive along Ocean Drive and admire the spectacular views of mansions and coves dusted with snow before returning to Boston.