- Guided Newport mansions day trip from Boston
- Enjoy the festive atmosphere of this coastal Rhode Island resort city during the holidays
- Admire green landscapes, beach vistas and opulent mansions adorned with Christmas decorations
- Tour inside The Breakers and Marble House, two of the most extravagant mansions in Newport
- Learn about the famous Vanderbilt family, one America's richest families in the 19th century
- Transport by air-conditioned coach included
What You Can Expect
The first stop is the Breakers mansion, the grandest of Newport’s summer mansions and a symbol of the Vanderbilt family’s social and financial preeminence in turn-of-the-century America. Admire all the elaborate holiday decorations and soak up the festive flavor inside this beautiful palace. Don’t forget the photo-worthy ocean view behind the mansion.
Then enjoy a couple hours for lunch and maybe some last-minute shopping for the holidays. Grab a hot beverage and take a leisurely walk along the waterfront.
From there, continue the tour at William K. Vanderbilt’s vacation home, Marble House, a 19th-century mansion made of, naturally, white marble. This is the architectural landmark that ushered in Newport’s transformation from a quiet summer colony of wooden houses to its current status as a resort region of opulent stone palaces. The beauty of the holiday season, with elegant Christmas decorations inside and out, only serves to make it all the more beautiful.
Finally, enjoy a breathtaking view of snow-covered mansions and the Atlantic Ocean in the Ocean Drive Historic District, also known as Ten Mile Drive.
After a long day of holiday sightseeing, relax on the journey back to Boston.
We loved this tour- Newport is lovely and the houses spectacular. Well worth going on and would highly recommend to anyone who loved Christmas.
The driver Dave Egan, was very nice, polite, funny and informative. Easy drive. Beatuful mansions. Only downfall, we were a bit rushed. Home by 730 instead of 630 would have been better.