- Salem day trip from Boston
- Hear intriguing stories about witches and the infamous witchcraft trials in Salem in the 1600s
- Visit Abbott Hall, a historic museum in the coastal town of Marblehead
- See Nathaniel Hawthorne's Custom House and the House of the Seven Gables as you explore Salem by coach
- Stop in the neighborhood of Pickering Wharf for lunch and to explore this unique, entertaining city on your own
- Hotel pickup and drop-off available
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you are a Halloween enthusiast or are just intrigued by Salem's haunting history, this experience is perfect for you. We recommend visiting in the month of October, as there are several themed events throughout the city that you can enjoy before or after your tour.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Salem rooftops and churchPhoto by: Anonymous
- Witch memorialPhoto by: Anonymous
- Inside the Witch Dungeon ...Photo by: Maddie H
- 'Friendship of Salem' tall ...Photo by: Edward G
- House of 7 GablesPhoto by: SAMANTHA J L W
- IMG_3007Photo by: Justina S
- IMG_2960Photo by: Justina S
- IMG_2954Photo by: Justina S
What You Can Expect
Excellent day trip with Bob at the helm - funny, knowledgeable and kind. Got very worried when people did not return to the bus on time and even took every passenger back to their individual hotels in Boston if they wanted to. Bus left on time and well organised departure.
We were on the last trip of the season 24/10 and Bob changed the itinerary so that we could get to Salem before the huge crowds which he anticipated and visit museums etc. in a more relaxed manner.
Well worth the money especially, as I guess, it would have mad on the train / ferry due to the number of visitors in Salem that day.
Cheers Bob - may see you again one day.
This tour was amazing! The tour guide, Bob, was so knowledgeable with the history of Salem and the surrounding communities on the way to/from Salem. Given how busy it was in the city with the October festivities, Bob made sure we had plenty of time to tour the city and see the museums. Bob made the journey very enjoyable, and I highly recommend him as a tour guide!
I was expecting Salem to be a bit...more. Nevertheless, it was a bit of a learning experience and Bob was an amazing driver/tour guide! He was funny and responsible for his people, and knew so much about the area! There was a little mix up dropping me off at my hotel he thought he heard The Renaissance when I said Residence Inn but he took me directly to my hotel's front doors at the end of the day. You're the best Bob!
This was a very comfortable bus ride with beautiful views of the countryside and a great guide
Our tour guide/driver Bob was the best! He was very informative. We highly recommend this tour.
The guide Jerry was great, very informative. Leaving the driving to him was the best idea ever! I traveled alone and it was fine so don't shy away if you are a solo! I could have used more time in Salem since it was so crowded something to consider for future October tours.
Salem was great! So many tours to do and plenty of time to explore. My favourite was the actual drive to Salem, we got a great look at the amazing new england coast, we stopped at gorgeous Marblehead to look at the ocean and the amazing houses. Thank you so much!
Our driver Bob did a great job and helped us pick the best places to see and eat when on our own.
Driver was very good and had very good knowledge of Boston and its history
The driver was excellent so informative and interesting, he made the trip.The journey to Salem was the best bit for me. Salem itself was nice and busy due to Halloween coming up soon. it would be best to stay the night to do a evening ghost tour to get the whole atmosphere.