- Morning, afternoon or evening Segway tour of Salem, led by a friendly local guide
- Pose by the Friendship of Salem sailing boat for photos taken by your guide
- Visit sites linked to Salem’s most famous former citizen, American writer Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Learn about the Salem witch trials of 1692 and behold areas linked to the ill-fated event
- Upgrade to the 2-hour tour to see the oceanfront Willows neighborhood plus the city’s coves
- Take home souvenir photos of your Salem Segway tour
What You Can Expect
1-Hour Morning, Afternoon or Evening Tour:
Cruise along the city’s charming streets and head to the Friendship of Salem, a 171-foot (52-meter) replica of a 1797 sailing boat that functions as a museum. Stop for photos in front of the eye-catching attraction and learn about Salem’s maritime history from your guide.
Continue through the neighborhood of Nathaniel Hawthorne, the lauded American short-story writer and novelist who was born in the town. His legacy lives on around town, where you’ll see sites named in his honor. Pass the building that inspired his 1851 novel, House of the Seven Gables, and see where the author was born.
Discover the heritage trails that loop around the town, passing parks and pretty footpaths before checking out sites of the infamous witch trials that took place in the city in 1692. Accusations of witchcraft by an eminent local doctor caused mass hysteria in the town, and 19 people were unfairly sentenced to death. Learn all about it while seeing the places linked to the historic event.
After enjoying an hour on your Segway, return to the start point, choose some souvenir photos, and then finish your tour.
2-Hour Morning or Afternoon Tour:
After visiting the sites on the 1-hour tour, continue with a second hour of sightseeing around Salem. Explore Salem’s oceanfront neighborhood known as the Willows for parkland and pristine beaches, and weave through the streets of the downtown district to enjoy the area’s hustle and bustle.
Glide along the waterfront, passing Salem’s pretty coves and beaches that many believe to be the finest along New England’s shores. After soaking up the coastal views, follow your guide back through the city to the start point. Finish your tour by selecting some souvenir photos to take home, and say goodbye to your guide.