- See Brisbane and beyond light up at twilight on this 2.5-hour Story Bridge climb
- Enjoy spectacular 360-degree views
- Audio commentary
Depart from base headquarters at Kangaroo Point make your way to the halfway house. Here the commentary begins, and continues throughout the climb, relating the history of Brisbane and its most famous bridge along with many interesting facts and figures.
The route then ascends through the road level on to the anchor arm on the eastern side of the bridge. Here the incline is at its greatest as you make your way to the Summit Top Platform, one of the two high points of the climb, each approximately 80 meters (262 ft) above sea level. It's from here that you will first experience the awe-inspiring 360 degree view of Brisbane, its river and surrounding mountain ranges.
From the eastern summit top platform the route gradually descends along the eastern cantilever arm towards the central platform. The central platform allows you to traverse the width of the bridge high above the six lanes of traffic. Once on the western cantilever arm, climbers begin the gradual ascent to the western summit top platform, for another opportunity to take in the panorama. The route then follows down the western anchor arm of the bridge back through the road deck to the halfway house where the incline is once more at its steepest.
Viewing Highlights - What can you see and which way to look?From the summit of the bridge climbers will enjoy uninterrupted 360° views of Brisbane at twilight, its river and surrounding hills and mountains.
- To the east, views across Moreton Bay to some of the world's largest sand islands
- To the north, the Glasshouse Mountains named by Captain Cook in 1770
- To the west, Mt Coot-tha and Brisbane Forest Park
- To the south, the world heritage-listed Lamington National Park
- And below, the Brisbane River, one of Australia's deepest, snaking its way to the Pacific Ocean
Reviewed by Claus Peter S, September 2011
Beautifully managed. Superb views and an overall exhilerating experience.
Reviewed by Rene, July 2011
This was absolutely awesome! Even for my wife who was not thrilled about being so high in the air, she enjoyed it as well. We felt very safe and well exercised. Our guide was very thoughtful and informative. This was a chance in a lifetime opportunity for my wife and I and we were thrilled with the whole experience.