- River cruise from Southbank, Brisbane to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- See Brisbane's modern riverside mansions and historic buildings as you cruise along the Brisbane River
- Explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world's first and largest koala sanctuary
- Cuddle a koala, hand feed a kangaroo and watch sheepdogs and birds of prey in action at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Glimpse the elusive platypus that live at the Platypus House
- Keep an eye out for the wild lorikeets (Australian parrot) that come to feed at Lone Pine
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Who can resist a cuddle with ...Photo by: Robert M
- Birds of PreyPhoto by: Richard H
- Something pink and refreshing ...Photo by: Robert M
- Come and get it!Photo by: bullminkle##
- Friendly RoosPhoto by: bullminkle##
- Kangaroos everywhere!Photo by: grewik
- Cuddling a Koala.Photo by: Vickie S
- KangaroosPhoto by: Kevin F
- Lone PinePhoto by: Kevin F
- BrisbanePhoto by: Kevin F
- KoalaPhoto by: Linda P
What You Can Expect
After approximately one hour, arrive at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and enjoy about 2.5 hours to explore on your own.
More than 130 koala bears reside at Lone Pine — the world’s largest koala sanctuary. Have the option to hold and take photos with a koala (own expense); hand-feed some of the 100 kangaroos and wallabies; or visit the Platypus House to observe the elusive platypus.
The Birds of Prey show features owls, kites and sea eagles, and colorful wild lorikeets fly in for feedings. Keep an eye out for Eastern Water Dragons — a lizard that grows up to 3 feet (90cm) long. Admire the working dogs at the sheepdog show as they round up sheep while responding to their master’s whistles, calls and hand signals.
Meals are available for purchase on the river cruise and at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary's cafe (own expense). After discovering Lone Pine, return to your boat for the cruise back to Southbank where your tour ends.
Absolute must-see if you're going to visit Brisbane. Do not miss out!
Thoroughly enjoyed our boat cruise with interesting commentary and things to see. The sanctuary was excellent too, well organized, maintained, and with a good program of information about the animals.
Really lovely day - awesome crew and awesome experience for all our family from 1 year old to 58 year old!
Loved the cruise, great crew, and beautiful to see the city and houses along the river. The sanctuary was great, not too big and thought the time there was just right. Highly recommended!
This was a great tour and we enjoyed seeing all the wildlife that Lone Pine has to offer.
Very nice boat trip with commentary along the river serving very nice snacks/lunch.
Highly recommend this tour!!
Had a great time. The crew were very nice and helped my wife with her mobility scooter we needed to bring to get around the Koala Sanctuary.
Excellent river trip to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, with the Sanctuary well run and fully accessible.
Well worth the time and money, and easily booked on line.
This tour was the highlight of our three day visit to Melbourne. Lone Pine is a very special place and a great introduction to Australia's indigenous animals. My wife did get to cuddle a Koala and we got to pet Kangaroos, Wallabies, and a Dingo. This is a must do for first timers Down Under.
This tour was great. The trip down the river was smooth and the commentary on the way was informative. The sanctuary was great. Lots to see and the staff were excellent. I'd recommend this trip to anyone who wants a close encounter with a Koala or a Kangaroo.. Brilliant!
Excellent trip - A must if you are visiting Brisbane