- River cruise from Southbank, Brisbane to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- See Brisbane's modern riverside mansions and historic buildings as you cruise along the Brisbane River
- Explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world's first and largest koala sanctuary
- Cuddle a koala, hand feed a kangaroo and watch sheepdogs and birds of prey in action at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Glimpse the elusive platypus that live at the Platypus House
- Keep an eye out for the wild lorikeets (Australian parrot) that come to feed at Lone Pine
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Who can resist a cuddle with ...Photo by: Robert M
- Birds of PreyPhoto by: Richard H
- Something pink and refreshing ...Photo by: Robert M
- Come and get it!Photo by: bullminkle##
- Friendly RoosPhoto by: bullminkle##
- Kangaroos everywhere!Photo by: grewik
- Cuddling a Koala.Photo by: Vickie S
- KangaroosPhoto by: Kevin F
- Lone PinePhoto by: Kevin F
- BrisbanePhoto by: Kevin F
- KoalaPhoto by: Linda P
What You Can Expect
After approximately one hour, arrive at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and enjoy about 2.5 hours to explore on your own.
More than 130 koala bears reside at Lone Pine — the world’s largest koala sanctuary. Have the option to hold and take photos with a koala (own expense); hand-feed some of the 100 kangaroos and wallabies; or visit the Platypus House to observe the elusive platypus.
The Birds of Prey show features owls, kites and sea eagles, and colorful wild lorikeets fly in for feedings. Keep an eye out for Eastern Water Dragons — a lizard that grows up to 3 feet (90cm) long. Admire the working dogs at the sheepdog show as they round up sheep while responding to their master’s whistles, calls and hand signals.
Meals are available for purchase on the river cruise and at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary's cafe (own expense). After discovering Lone Pine, return to your boat for the cruise back to Southbank where your tour ends.
Enjoyed the river trip and the koala sanctuary very much
Gina C United States of ...
Perfect. However, it would be nice if the company would allow guests to stay longer...even 30 minutes more would be perfect. We felt a bit rushed and were not able to see all the park. If you take time to see at least 1-2 of the shows at the park which I highly recommend, then you will have to give up seeing other things at the park.
The Tour was amazing!!! The River Cruise is a great way to see Brisbane and lear about the city and see where you want to go explore. Perfect tour if you don't know what to do in Brisbane you will leave the tour knowing where you can explore. The boat was very comfortable and had food and drinks available for purchase on board. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary was one of the coolest zoo's I have been too. You can see all the wild animals native to Australia up close and personal. You can hold a Koala and you can hand feed Kangaroos!! Make sure you bring your camera because there will be a lot of photo oops with the Kangaroos and other Animals at the Sanctuary.
We had a wonderful day trip to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Our children ages 9 and 11 had so much fun feeding the kangaroos, seeing and holding the Koalas, watching the bird show and the dog show.
The boat ride back and forth was very enjoyable.
A very pleasant trip to Lone Pine. The crew were very helpful and a respectful of all of their passengers. At Lone Pine the staff were good and helpful in so many ways
Nice boat ride. I will highly recommend Lone Pine Koala Santuary.
The river ride was relaxing and provided excellent views of the city and many of its riverfront neighborhoods. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary was rather small but was very nice. The animals appeared to be well tended and happy.
Great Boat Tour with very friendly and accommodating captain and restaurant staff. Very interesting and entertaining information during the trip.
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is worth a trip. Most fascinating is the sheep show with a fantastic presenter. All the animals are well kept and presented.
Overall, a trip that can be truly recommended.
We rode a ferry boat to Lone Pine Koala sanctuary. It was a great tour! The raptor show was amazing.
Nice leisurely sail excellent friendly crew, loved the Koala sanctuary and the staff are so friendly. Well worth doing.