- River cruise from Southbank, Brisbane to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- See Brisbane's modern riverside mansions and historic buildings as you cruise along the Brisbane River
- Explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the world's first and largest koala sanctuary
- Cuddle a koala, hand feed a kangaroo and watch sheepdogs and birds of prey in action at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Glimpse the elusive platypus that live at the Platypus House
- Keep an eye out for the wild lorikeets (Australian parrot) that come to feed at Lone Pine
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Lone Pine is the world’s largest koala sanctuary, with more than 130 of the furry bears on site. You can choose to cuddle a koala (own expense), take photos with the adorable marsupials and perhaps catch a talk by the koala’s keepers.
You can also feed the kangaroos and wallabies; more than 100 of them live in a 5-acre (2 hectare) reserve at Lone Pine. Or head over to the Platypus House where you may get a chance to see the shy platypus, a native to Australia.
Along with koalas and kangaroos, Lone Pine hosts a sheepdog show where you see the hardworking dogs round up a herd of sheep, responding to their master’s whistles, calls and hand signals. You can see owls, kites and sea eagles soar above you at the Birds of Prey show, or marvel at the colorful feathers of the wild lorikeets that fly in twice daily for feedings. Other bird species and a population of Eastern Water Dragons, a lizard that grows up to 3 feet (90cm) long, also like to visit Lone Pine’s lush natural parkland.
If you work up an appetite during the day, you’ll be able to purchase meals on the river cruise boat or at the two cafes at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (own expense). After about 2.5 hours at Lone Pine, you’ll re-board your boat and be returned to Southbank in Brisbane to conclude your tour.
This is an excellent tour ! The boat trip to the sanctuary shows some of Brisbane's history. The Miramar is a lovely boat. The crew is very helpful, and provides home cooked food for anyone who wants it. The Sanctuary is well,organized, offers a variety of animal shows, and is an excellent place to cuddle a koala !
Highly recommend. Good price and great day out and the Koala's are just the cutest thing ever!!