- Mt Tamborine small-group day trip from Brisbane
- Visit the Mt Tamborine Distillery and taste the liqueurs and schnapps!
- Enjoy a wine tasting and appreciation session at Cedar Creek Estate
- Take a guided rainforest walk in Joalah National Park
- Get up close to the wildlife and enjoy lorikeet feeding and time to explore Thunderbird Park
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
What You Can Expect
Visit the Mt Tamborine Distillery -- Australia's smallest operating Pot Still Distillery, where the abundant fruit of the mountain is fermented and distilled to produce a variety of liqueurs and schnapps. Learn about the distillery in a short presentation followed by a tasting!
Enjoy two winery visits, at notable wineries such as AU Winery and Cedar Creek Estate, where you’ll have a lesson in wine appreciation and enjoy a tasting. Take a stroll through the Gallery Walk, where you might like to try other wineries’ local drops, including chocolate liqueur. Browse art galleries and craft stores, and taste local beers and fudge at the Gallery Walk’s many shops.
After lunch (own expense), take a guided rainforest walk to Curtis Falls in Joalah National Park, home to shy lyrebirds – listen for their calls, mimicking everything from telephones to chainsaws. Next, take in panoramic views at Rotary Lookout and Eagle Heights Lookout, where you can see across to the Gold Coast and hinterland. You also have the option of including a visit to the glow worm caves (extra charge).
The scenic drive back to Brisbane follows the eastern route down the mountain, with views of the Gold Coast towers and Pacific Ocean.
Great trip. The wineries were wonderful and the distillery was different which I enjoyed.
Mt Tamborine is a must see for visitors to the Brisbane region. Beautifully scenic, with rain forest walks, some really good shopping, wineries...and a distillery that has some world class spirits and liqueurs (and we tried more than our fair share). It was a great day out, and well worth the money!