- Full-day guided tour to North Stradbroke Island, from Brisbane
- Look for dolphins, turtles, manta rays, and whales in the waters of Moreton Bay
- Relax on the sandy beach or in the refreshing waters of Brown Lake
- Take a guided hike along the scenic headlands of North Gorge Walk to Point Lookout
- See koalas and kangaroos lounging in their native habitat
- Visit Cylinder Beach, Frenchman’s Beach, and the townships of Dunwich and Amity
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the island, your friendly and experienced guide will show you the highlights. You’ll visit Brown Lake, named for the clear tea-colored water tinted by leaves from the surrounding forest. Relax on the lake’s white-sand beach or take a refreshing swim!
Then head to the North Gorge Walk to Point Lookout, following your guide along a well-marked trail and boardwalk. Look for turtles, dolphins or manta rays swimming in the waters below you. At the point, marvel at Whale Rock, where water sprays from the rock like a whale’s spout. You may even see the real thing when humpback whales migrate through these waters from May to October.
The interior of the island is also home to native wildlife. Your guide will take you to spots where you can hope to see kangaroos lazing in the sun or koalas chomping on eucalyptus leaves. Next, visit Myora Springs, a picturesque fresh water spring surrounded by tropical forest. Myora Springs made history as the site of a significant colonial-era battle between the military and local Aborigines.
Throughout the day, you’ll make stops in several small developed areas, including Cylinder Beach, Frenchman’s Beach, the historic town of Dunwich, and the fishing village of Amity. Enjoy an included lunch at Stradbroke Island Hotel, plus breaks for morning and afternoon tea (own expense).
After a thorough introduction to the highlights of the island, enjoy free time in the afternoon to explore at your leisure. At the designated time, rejoin your group for the return trip to Brisbane.