- Full-day private tour of Ghent and Bruges from Brussels
- Visit St Bavo Cathedral in Ghent to see Van Eyck’s The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb
- Explore the city and stop for photos by the Belfry of Ghent, St Nicholas’ Church and Gravensteen Castle
- Enjoy audio commentary about the history of Ghent and Bruges while traveling between the cities
- Stroll around Minnewater Lake and visit Bruges’s famous Beguinage, a serene convent
- Admire the medieval architecture of Bruges on a walking tour, and see the Church of Our Lady
- Enjoy comfort and style as you travel by luxury minivan
What You Can Expect
Walk into town to learn about the city during the Middle Ages and see some of its finest architecture. Pose for photos by the Belfry of Ghent, gaze up at the Gothic towers of St Nicholas’ Church, and then stop for photos by Gravensteen Castle, a garrison that served as the seat of the Counts of Flanders from the 12th to the 14th century.
Travel away from the city in the early afternoon, and head south to Bruges, a short distance away. Plug in your audio headset on the journey, and listen to entertaining commentary about the history of the two cities. Like Ghent, Bruges is typified by its glorious medieval architecture, yet its smaller size makes it feel like a fairy-tale town. Hop out of your minivan on Bruges’ outskirts for a stroll around Minnewater Lake, a place known as the 'lake of love,’ and call in at the tranquil Beguinage to see the convent’s serene chapel and peaceful courtyards.
Stop in town for lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide for a walking tour of the city. See the Church of Our Lady with its statue of Italian Renaissance artist Michelangelo, walk around Market Square to see the Belfry, and stop for photos next to the Chapel of the Holy Blood in Town Hall Square. After seeing the sights, enjoy some free time or take a boat ride along the canals to see the Bruges from the water (own expense).
Meet your guide at the prearranged time and travel back to your Brussels hotel where your tour finishes.