- 3-hour small-group walking tour of Budapest
- See Budapest main sites such as as Heroes' Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Danube Promenade and Buda Castle District
- Enjoy two delicious Hungarian pastries with some tea, coffee or mineral water
- Maximum of 15 participants ensures a more personalized experience
- Escorted by a private English-speaking guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- View from Buda Castle areaPhoto by: Staci C
- Our Guide!Photo by: Toni S
United Kingdom, 06 2015
- Hero SquarePhoto by: Ling
- Brigit our guidePhoto by: RALPH B
- GOULASH HEAVEN IN A GERRY PUB!Photo by: Gegso
- Our group looking at St ...Photo by: deborah e
- Parliament BuildingsPhoto by: Angela H
- The MetroPhoto by: A and V
Australia, 12 2012
- Chain Bridge in BudapestPhoto by: Staci C
- Heroes Square in BudapestPhoto by: Staci C
- P1010545Photo by: Christine A
Australia, 10 2011
- P1010506Photo by: Christine A
Australia, 10 2011
- P1010502Photo by: Christine A
Australia, 10 2011
- Budapest City Walking TourPhoto by: Margaret F
- Pest from Buda Castle HillPhoto by: Michael S
United Kingdom, 08 2009
- PiauiPhoto by: Thiago M
Brazil, 10 2008
What You Can Expect
Your next stop will be the popular Szechenyi Spa, Europe’s largest thermal bath, before taking the metro back into the city center.
From there, you’ll encounter the neo-classical structure of St. Stephen’s Basilica, one of the two tallest buildings in Budapest. Afterward, take a load off your feet in a Hungarian cafe where you can relax with a hot drink and two delicious pastries included in the price of your ticket.
After your snack, you’ll continue along the cobblestone streets towards Ferenciek Square and Vaci Street, a strip well-known for its shops and trinkets. You’ll then walk along the Danube Promenade, taking in the panorama of Gellert Hill and the Citadel, while snapping a photo of the Chain Bridge. You’ll conclude your tour in the Buda Castle District, where you can take the last of your photos from the stunning lookout at Fisherman's Bastion.
Very good indeed. Fantastic guide and great food. Very good value would recommend.
Was a fantastic tour. Laszlo was really great and knows his history. Would highly recommend
Its a great tour with a great guide. Be warned though, it started late and went significantly over time which was fine with us but could negatively impact someone.
Our guide Balint was knowledgeable and personable and provided just the right amount of information. The group was small and we were able to ride the metro as well as do a fair amount of walking. Very enjoyable!
Guide was fun and knowledgeable. Budapest is simply amazing!!!
This was a very good overview of Budapest and our young guide, George did a very good job. Because the tour combines walking and public transportationmetro, you begin to get a good idea how to get around in Budapest very quickly. The tour went to most of the favorite tourist attractions and you got an idea whether you wanted to return for more in-depth visits. Word of warning: George felt the funicular on Buda side was a waste of money and we climbed the steps up to Church, Fisherman's Bastion area. It was our first day in Budapest after arriving from the US and it was not an easy climb. Other than this point, it is a great tour.
Excellent walking tour with a super guide in Tomas. We saw and learnt a lot in a four hour tour which covered large parts of the city centre. Highly recommended for people considering this excursion.
Andi was an amazing tour guide! She gave a comprehensive tour with both the historical facts of Budapest and an appreciation of the resolve and pride of the Hungarian people. It was one of the best tours we took in a 3 wk trip throughout the area. Thanks Andi, YOU made the trip!
This is a must for your visit to Budapest. My wife and I absolutely loved this tour. Special kudos to Balint who led this tour.
The walking tour was very good and our local guide Kata was very knowledgeable. We enjoyed the Hungarian pastries very much. It was good to hear of the history of Hungary.