- Full-day tour of the Danube Bend from Budapest
- Visit the evocative ruins of Visegrad Castle
- Step inside the beautiful Esztergom Cathedral, Hungary’s biggest church
- Enjoy a scrumptious 3-course lunch
- Discover local handicrafts on a guided walking tour of Szentendre
- Cruise down the Danube River to Budapest
- Great value tour includes hotel pick-up and transport by air-conditioned coach
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Danube Bend from Visegrad ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Fortress in VisegradPhoto by: Anonymous
- The Basilica of EsztergomPhoto by: Anonymous
- Danube Bend, HungaryPhoto by: Anonymous
- SzentendrePhoto by: Stephanie R
- Communist museum in SzentendrePhoto by: alan g
United Kingdom, 01 2016
- View of DanubePhoto by: Anne M
- IMG_20151008_082803Photo by: Wayne B
- Lunch Venue in VisegradPhoto by: Kalyan A
- Esztergom BasilicaPhoto by: Kalyan A
- Coronation Statue in ...Photo by: Kalyan A
- Basilica at Esztracom.Photo by: Douglas I W
United Kingdom, 09 2015
- Esvtergom Basilica ...Photo by: Ann Marie S
- danube bendPhoto by: Perry M
- Square of HeroesPhoto by: Cornelis D
- VisegradPhoto by: Bonnie B
- BudapestPhoto by: Edward G W E
- P1020941Photo by: Tatsuo k
- Il Castello di VisegradPhoto by: Pablo D
Italy, 07 2012
- DanubePhoto by: Stephanie R
What You Can Expect
Then you’ll take a brief pause from sightseeing and enjoy a filling 3-course lunch. Afterward you’ll head to Szentendre, where your guide will lead you on a walk through town and to the Caprice Hungarian Jewelry Center. There you can marvel at the pieces on display while learning about the manufacturing process.
The trip will conclude with a river cruise along the beautiful Danube Bend, bringing you back to Budapest. (Cruises run May 1 to September 30 only, tide permitting. During alternate months or low tide, you will be returned to the city by bus.)
Ingrid was an excellent guide. We were collected on time and the day was as described. Lots to see and very interesting. Lunch was adequate.
alan g United Kingdom
Great trip! The tour guide was very knowledgeable and the trip took in some of the beautiful Hungarian countryside.The cathedral at Esztergom was quite spectacular and the village of Szentendre was very picturesque and great for shopping! I would definitely recommend this to anybody visiting this fine country.
Highly enjoyed this tour. The tour guide was exceptional and very knowledgeable. Esztergom's cathedral was well worth the visit - and it was a bonus to cross over into Slovakia to take some great photo's. The meal included was in a lovely themed restaurant which overlooked the ruined castle - which added to the experience. I would recommend this trip to others as a good way to explore outside of the city itself.
Lovely views would do it again if we go again
Harjeet K Malaysia
A beautiful place to visit. The scenery was so beautiful and such a nice tour guide who ensured that everyone was comfortable and enjoyed the tour.
Despite really bad weather, the trip was great, The cathedral was magnificent, the guide was knowledgeable, and The extra photo stop in Slovakia was special. We will be researching Viator side trips for our next visit to europe.
Elena the guide was super duper , energetic caring and informative
I highly recommend the guide , the tour operator and the tour
The office girls were very helpful in arranging for my last minute booked tour the Folk dance and music
Disappointed to miss the deadline for boat trips, but this day-long tour of three cites outside of Budapest is a bargain. You will see a major cathedral and early capital of Hungary, the eerie Visigrad castle, and the lovely Szentendre village. My guide spoke many languages, and there were so many different ethnic groups that she had to say everything 7 times. It was aproblem for us, but not her fault, and it did cut into the amount of information.
The tour started with us getting picked from the hotel to the Bus point, where we started to cross to the Buda side of Budapest and towards Esztergom Basilica. The tour guide lady was energetic and well conversant in local, english and french and was explaining the historical places on our way to Esztergom. At Esztergom we were able to see the Slovak side from the other side of the river and we are then taken to the other side into Slovak for nice pictures of Esztergom. From Esztergom Basilica we went ahead to Visegrad, where nice 3 course lunch was served at a hotel that had awesome mountain view. From there we were taken to Szentendre A small village where lots of handicraft stores are there -one can get nice gifts / souvenirs from here. From Szentendre, we got onto a boat Again 3rd Oct is the last date in 2015 where boat cruise is allowed before winter kicks in. Boat took us through Danube to the Budapest city where u can see the city and bridges well lit in the evening. The best part of the trip was the tour guide lady who was 60 plus in age but had the energy and enthusiasm of a teenager.
Having the perfect weather for the day tour helped immensely!. Everything worked perfectly to plan, we were picked up at our hotel by the tour guide, who did his job very well throughout the day. I have no hesitation in recommending this tour to others.