- Ticket to a Danube Symphony Orchestra concert in Budapest
- Enjoy a unique Hungarian-style concert in the intimate Danube Palace concert hall
- Listen to famous classical works enhanced by a traditional Hungarian instrument, the cimbalom
- Choose from two different seating categories to suit your budget
- Upgrade to include a Danube River dinner cruise after the concert
- Enjoy a buffet meal with Champagne and wine while enjoying striking nighttime views of Budapest (if option selected)
What You Can Expect
- Berlioz: Rákóczi March
- Erkel: Palotás from the opera László Hunyadi
- Delibes: Coppelia – Tschardas
- Bartók: Romanian folk dances
- Haydn: Farewell Symphony IV Movement
- Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Kálmán: Devil-Rider – Palotás
- Lehár: Gold and Silver Waltz
- Liszt: Love Dreams
- Folk-song adaptation: Under the Mountains of Csitár
- Kodály: Intermezzo
- Monti: Csárdás
- Strauss: Long Live the Hungarians!
- Strauss: Radetzky March
- Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves (traditional creamy bacon sauce)
- Alföld-style goulash with noodles (slow-boiled beef and vegetable soup)
- Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
- Mini stuffed cabbage
- Roasted chicken breast with basil and cheese sauce
- Spicy pork slices rib with thyme and mustard sauce
- Traditional Chicken with paprika
- Roasted sea fish served with Chardonnay sauce
- Grilled polenta with feta cheese
- Homemade spinach dumplings served with mustard and mushroom sauce
- Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
- Italian pasta salad
- Caesar’s salad
- Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Hash-brown or roasted potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Steamed Jasmin rice with corn
- Home-made strudel
- Somló sponge cake (layers of sponge and cream)
- Mini tarts
- Dessert variations Európa style
- Season fruit basket
- 1 glass of Champagne
- 1 glass of wine, beer, juice or soft drink
- Mineral water
I am not great culture vulture but thought that whilst in Hungary it would be the correct place to listen to a symphony orchestra and I can honestly say I am pleased I did. I booked a package via Viator which encompassed the orchestra concert followed by a late night dinner cruise on the Danube.
The Danube Palace has such ornate decor in the auditorium, it is mind blowing really. The Orchestra played for an hour and a half with a fifteen minute break. Their music was amazing and interspersed with a little bit of humour from the conductor.
Following the concert we waited in the lobby to be escorted for the ten minute walk to the boat. What a magical experience that was, to travel down the Danube with all the major buildings and bridges lit up and looking so majestic and beautiful. The food on board was plentiful and varied, with hot meat dishes, soups, salads and desserts, there was so much no one needed to worry about getting fed. Wines are offered on board at additional cost you receive a glass of bubbles on arrival and small bottles of water on your table gratis, they also come round after the meal with local liqueurs to tempt you at further cost. The boat ride is only an hour and a half and they are keen to get you of the boat at the end. However this whole evening really was a magical experience that wasn't even marred by our subsequent 3km walk home due to the chain bridge being closed!!
Only did the concert which was very good. A wide selection of music and a great orchestra.
This was indeed a surprise the venue was very good and the concert was superbe would highly recommend it.
You must go this trip in your life.The concert is perfect.The Danube River dinner cruise is amazing and romantic.
this was a bucket list item for me and worth it. Loved the personality of the conductor and audience interaction. The music was wonderful.
This tour was amazing!
Easy to get to and a delightful concert. Highly recommend.
The concert was very nice, in a nice theatre. The Danube river cruise was fantastic. The food was good and varied. The only complaint I make is that the food was not labelled so my vegetarian friend found it difficult to choose vegetarian options.
I stayed for a week in Budapest during August 2014. The concert I attended was wonderful. The concert hall was really beautiful and the musicians very talented. The orchestra played a selection of classical pieces. Most pieces were well known and played with verve and enthusiasm.
Later we walked to the ship which took us on a trip down the Danube. I paid for a dinner and was so pleased I had. There was a very good selection of dishes in buffet style and the quality was excellent. The view of the buildings on the banks of the Danube at night is stunning and should not be missed.
I would fully recommend this tour
This tour was amazing!