- Ticket to a Danube Symphony Orchestra concert in Budapest
- Enjoy a unique Hungarian-style concert in the intimate Danube Palace concert hall
- Listen to famous classical works enhanced by a traditional Hungarian instrument, the cimbalom
- Choose from two different seating categories to suit your budget
- Upgrade to include a Danube River dinner cruise after the concert
- Enjoy a buffet meal with Champagne and wine while enjoying striking nighttime views of Budapest (if option selected)
What You Can Expect
Your evening concert will be held at the Danube Palace in Budapest, known for its stunning Neo-Baroque-style concert hall. You will be directed to your seat in either the front or middle rows for an up-close experience.
Every concert consists of two 45-minute sections, with an intermission between. (A sample program is available below). During the break, enjoy a glass of wine or beer at the bar, purchase DVDs of the Danube Symphony Orchestra or browse Hungarian keepsakes.
Concert plus Dinner
Upgrade your ticket to continue the evening with a late-night cruise along the Danube River. When the concert concludes, a guide will lead you to Budai Vigadó so you can step aboard your 90-minute cruise. The interior of the boat is lit by candlelight, while the windows boast glowing views of the city’s landmarks. Sip Champagne and wine or beer as you admire the scenery, followed by a dinner of traditional Hungarian dishes, served buffet-style. (Sample menu is provided below.)
After wining and dining, travel to the fresh air of the upper deck for unrivaled views of Budapest’s panorama, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll pass the regal Buda Castle, the Gellért Baths and the Chain Bridge before returning to the Danube Palace. When you debark, your host can assist with calling a taxi if you wish.
- Berlioz: Rákóczi March
- Erkel: Palotás from the opera László Hunyadi
- Delibes: Coppelia – Tschardas
- Bartók: Romanian folk dances
- Haydn: Farewell Symphony IV Movement
- Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Kálmán: Devil-Rider – Palotás
- Lehár: Gold and Silver Waltz
- Liszt: Love Dreams
- Folk-song adaptation: Under the Mountains of Csitár
- Kodály: Intermezzo
- Monti: Csárdás
- Strauss: Long Live the Hungarians!
- Strauss: Radetzky March
- Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves (traditional creamy bacon sauce)
- Alföld-style goulash with noodles (slow-boiled beef and vegetable soup)
- Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
- Mini stuffed cabbage
- Roasted chicken breast with basil and cheese sauce
- Spicy pork slices rib with thyme and mustard sauce
- Traditional Chicken with paprika
- Roasted sea fish served with Chardonnay sauce
- Grilled polenta with feta cheese
- Homemade spinach dumplings served with mustard and mushroom sauce
- Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
- Italian pasta salad
- Caesar’s salad
- Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Hash-brown or roasted potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Steamed Jasmin rice with corn
- Home-made strudel
- Somló sponge cake (layers of sponge and cream)
- Mini tarts
- Dessert variations Európa style
- Season fruit basket
- 1 glass of Champagne
- 1 glass of wine, beer, juice or soft drink
- Mineral water
Very good value for money and a lovely experience.
An amazing experience! The concert was superb and the river boat cruise was excellent- lovely food, music and beautiful views. Would highly recommend.
I am not great culture vulture but thought that whilst in Hungary it would be the correct place to listen to a symphony orchestra and I can honestly say I am pleased I did. I booked a package via Viator which encompassed the orchestra concert followed by a late night dinner cruise on the Danube.
The Danube Palace has such ornate decor in the auditorium, it is mind blowing really. The Orchestra played for an hour and a half with a fifteen minute break. Their music was amazing and interspersed with a little bit of humour from the conductor.
Following the concert we waited in the lobby to be escorted for the ten minute walk to the boat. What a magical experience that was, to travel down the Danube with all the major buildings and bridges lit up and looking so majestic and beautiful. The food on board was plentiful and varied, with hot meat dishes, soups, salads and desserts, there was so much no one needed to worry about getting fed. Wines are offered on board at additional cost you receive a glass of bubbles on arrival and small bottles of water on your table gratis, they also come round after the meal with local liqueurs to tempt you at further cost. The boat ride is only an hour and a half and they are keen to get you of the boat at the end. However this whole evening really was a magical experience that wasn't even marred by our subsequent 3km walk home due to the chain bridge being closed!!
Only did the concert which was very good. A wide selection of music and a great orchestra.
This was indeed a surprise the venue was very good and the concert was superbe would highly recommend it.
You must go this trip in your life.The concert is perfect.The Danube River dinner cruise is amazing and romantic.
this was a bucket list item for me and worth it. Loved the personality of the conductor and audience interaction. The music was wonderful.
This tour was amazing!
Easy to get to and a delightful concert. Highly recommend.
The concert was very nice, in a nice theatre. The Danube river cruise was fantastic. The food was good and varied. The only complaint I make is that the food was not labelled so my vegetarian friend found it difficult to choose vegetarian options.