- Ticket to a Danube Symphony Orchestra concert in Budapest
- Enjoy a unique Hungarian-style concert in the intimate Danube Palace concert hall
- Listen to famous classical works enhanced by a traditional Hungarian instrument, the cimbalom
- Choose from two different seating categories to suit your budget
- Upgrade to include a Danube River dinner cruise after the concert
- Enjoy a buffet meal with Champagne and wine while enjoying striking nighttime views of Budapest (if option selected)
What You Can Expect
- Berlioz: Rákóczi March
- Erkel: Palotás from the opera László Hunyadi
- Delibes: Coppelia – Tschardas
- Bartók: Romanian folk dances
- Haydn: Farewell Symphony IV Movement
- Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Kálmán: Devil-Rider – Palotás
- Lehár: Gold and Silver Waltz
- Liszt: Love Dreams
- Folk-song adaptation: Under the Mountains of Csitár
- Kodály: Intermezzo
- Monti: Csárdás
- Strauss: Long Live the Hungarians!
- Strauss: Radetzky March
- Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves (traditional creamy bacon sauce)
- Alföld-style goulash with noodles (slow-boiled beef and vegetable soup)
- Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
- Mini stuffed cabbage
- Roasted chicken breast with basil and cheese sauce
- Spicy pork slices rib with thyme and mustard sauce
- Traditional Chicken with paprika
- Roasted sea fish served with Chardonnay sauce
- Grilled polenta with feta cheese
- Homemade spinach dumplings served with mustard and mushroom sauce
- Fresh seasonal salads with dressings
- Italian pasta salad
- Caesar’s salad
- Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Hash-brown or roasted potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Steamed Jasmin rice with corn
- Home-made strudel
- Somló sponge cake (layers of sponge and cream)
- Mini tarts
- Dessert variations Európa style
- Season fruit basket
- 1 glass of Champagne
- 1 glass of wine, beer, juice or soft drink
- Mineral water
This was indeed a surprise the venue was very good and the concert was superbe would highly recommend it.
You must go this trip in your life.The concert is perfect.The Danube River dinner cruise is amazing and romantic.
this was a bucket list item for me and worth it. Loved the personality of the conductor and audience interaction. The music was wonderful.
This tour was amazing!
Easy to get to and a delightful concert. Highly recommend.
The concert was very nice, in a nice theatre. The Danube river cruise was fantastic. The food was good and varied. The only complaint I make is that the food was not labelled so my vegetarian friend found it difficult to choose vegetarian options.
I stayed for a week in Budapest during August 2014. The concert I attended was wonderful. The concert hall was really beautiful and the musicians very talented. The orchestra played a selection of classical pieces. Most pieces were well known and played with verve and enthusiasm.
Later we walked to the ship which took us on a trip down the Danube. I paid for a dinner and was so pleased I had. There was a very good selection of dishes in buffet style and the quality was excellent. The view of the buildings on the banks of the Danube at night is stunning and should not be missed.
I would fully recommend this tour
This tour was amazing!
Lots of fun
This is not a chamber orchestra or the world,s fanciest performance, but the music was excellent and the conductor was engaging and funny
The dinner after the performance on the river cruise is a must-do: perfect night