- Full-day trip from Budapest to Herend and Lake Balaton
- Factory tour of the world's largest porcelain factory at Herend
- Shop for famous hand-painted porcelain
- Three-course lunch in a typical tavern at Lake Balaton
- Balatonfured, Hungary's oldest spa
- Pick-up and drop-off from central Budapest hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
The tour then continues on to Lake Balaton, the largest freshwater lake in Central Europe, scenically located at the foot of the volcanic hills of the Balaton Uplands. There, you'll visit the scenic nature reserve of the Tihany Peninsula with its famous Benedictine Abbey, dating back to 1051.
After a typical 3-course lunch including wine in a traditional tavern, you'll drive to Hungary's oldest spa town, Balatonfüred, before returning back to Budapest.
Reviewed by Tertia R, United Kingdom, October 2012
Guide was wonderful and porcelain factory much more interesting than expected. Drivere also very good. Lake Balaton beautiful. Will recommend.
Reviewed by Fly, September 2012
An excellent day trip in 40 degree heat. Too hot tofully enjoy trip. Wasted time at Lake Balaton wandering around the beachfront.
Exceellent tour director.