- Learn how to cook traditional Argentine dishes during a culinary class
- In a local chef's home kitchen, go through the steps to prepare an appetizer, main course and a dessert
- While you cook, hear about the city's regional culinary heritage and the factors that influenced the development of the local cuisine
- Sit down with a glass of Argentina's famous wine to enjoy the fruits of your labor
- Participate in a small group of twelve or fewer fellow food-lovers
What You Can Expect
Class starts with a description of the ingredients that will be used to prepare the dishes. Then begin to prepare the dishes yourself, with the help of a great instructor of vast experience. For the entree, prepare Argentine empanadas, you will learn the secrets of the filling and the dough. The stew is the main course, a typical Argentine dish prepared with a contemporary recipe, giving it a different flavor. Finally, the dessert will be a Dulce de Leche and Rum Semifreddo, a contemporary dessert prepared with classic ingredients of the argentine cuisine.
After the class, sit at the table with your host and companions, and enjoy your creations accompanying them with a typical Argentine wine. All the ingredients and utensils are included. The idea of the class is that you really learn how to prepare these dishes in a relaxed and dynamic way, and that you can participate in a unique experience.
Saul was an amazing host! We learned how to make empanadas and a veal stew that was to die for! ! He was so fun and a joy to be with! He was very gracious and walked us to the train and helped us find the Flea market in Buenos Aires. Adele and I had an awesome time! I would highly recommend it!
Super fun. It was a great chance to share time w/ local in his own kitchen. Not only learned to make empanadas and stew, but got to experience Buenos Aires through the eyes of a resident. He gave me tips not just on cooking, but futbol, good restaurants and fun things to do in buenos Aires. Gracias!
It was great, chef very helpful in providing recipes for me. I was the only person in the tour and it was personalized. The only thing I wish to have been able to make was Alfajores. The only thing I did not like was there is no pick up or drop off from your hotel. Transportation not included!