- 5-course steak dinner in a modern loft in Palermo Soho
- Take part in Buenos Aires' closed-door restaurant craze
- Discover the tradition of asado, part of Argentina's culture that many visitors miss
- Feast on a 12-ounce steak, plus traditional starters and side dishes like cheese and grilled chorizo
- Watch the chef in action and ask questions about technique as you stand by the grill
- Boutique Argentine wines paired with each course
- This small-group dinner is limited to 20 people, providing an intimate experience in a private location
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the private loft in Palermo Soho — one of Buenos Aires' most popular barrios, known for its trendy restaurants and bars — meet your hostess, who will show you to your seat. The intimate, private setting of the contemporary loft is perfect for your asado experience, during which you’ll learn about the ingredients, techniques and rituals that go into this sacred Argentine tradition of eating barbecued meat, drinking wine and socializing with a small group of good friends (or in your case, other travelers who may become good friends before the night is over!).
Before the first course is served, head over to the loft’s parilla (grill), where you can see the grilling in action and ask your host any questions you have about asado cooking techniques. Or, walk over to the loft's floor-to-ceiling windows or step out onto the deck to admire views of the city.
Your 5-course dinner starts with a traditional picada (meat and cheese platter) followed by an ensalada mixta (mixed salad). Then enjoy a third course of grilled starters called achuras, a very authentic part of the asado experience that consists of chorizo and other meats. Finally, dig into the main event, your 12-ounce (350-gram) Argentine steak, grilled to perfection and accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes. A mouthwatering dessert will end your unforgettable dining experience.
Menu (each course is paired with Argentine wine):
- 1st course: Traditional Argentine picada (salamis, cheese and bread)
- 2nd course: Contemporary mixed salad
- 3rd course: Argentine grilled starters (cheese, chorizo, sausage, blood sausage, pork flank steak and sweetbread)
- 4th course: 12-oz (350-gram) steak served right off the grill and accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes and mixed salad; you may choose your grilling preference — rare, medium rare or medium
- 5th course: Dessert (varies by day)
- Wines change daily; possible wineries include Mevi, Carinae, Richardi Fazio Menegazzo and Familio Blanco
United States of America
Gastronomic DELIGHT!!! Well worth the price for dinner, but don't eat much during the day because you want room for the delicious dishes that Luis will serve you. Arriving at the address, one would not suspect that a terrific venue would open at the top of the stairs. Luis took great care to explain about the food, it's reason for choice and it's preparation. He threw in some surprises too! It was fun to sit family style with other participants and share not only the great food, but their experiences about their travels too. I highly recommend this experience, don't miss out! Wish I could go back!!
The BEST restaurant Ive EVER been to.
Incredible Steaks and meats. Divine Wine.Impeccable Host.
This is a MUST while in BuenosAires.
It was a highlight of my 3 month trip to SthAmerica
Australians will not be disappointed.
Great food and wine all served up in great atmosphere highly recommended
As far as food Tours go this one was exceptional it helped that it was in one of the best beef regions in Buenos Aires.
The ambience was like a dinner party with new friends and hosted by staff striving to please, the wine selection meticolously chosen and the food perfectly done! Kudos all around!
Must do experience
We had a wonderful experience meeting people from around the world, learning about the food and wine, and getting to know Luis and his amazing team. Everything was delicious and we had so much fun!
You will never find this place.! Take a taxi. This a New York type of event.A steel door entry with a buzzer you must ring,a voice will ask you who you are, the buzzer will let you enter and someone will greet you.Walk up forty (14) steps and be WOWED...! A beautiful,magnificent restaurant with a vast wine selection and the best steaks you will ever taste.!! A truly WONDERFUL dinning experience.! DO IT...!!
This dinner was enormously fun! The other guests were fascinating, and the food and wine were outstanding. Other reviewers complained that there was too little food on offer -- but on the night I was there we could not begin to eat everything that was offered. I would absolutely recommend this, and attend again.
The restaurant address led us to a dark street corner with no signage. Pressing a door bell got a delayed response. Once admitted, climbing 2 flights of stairs led to a surprise. The decor and ambience was unexpectedly delightful. The chef, Luis, and staff were attentive. Of course, the meal was great for the meat lovers. Pairing with the wine they selected was another enjoyable experience. Meeting 15+ other guests made the dinner conversation refreshing. Great way to spend an evening in Buenos Aires.
The chef should quit his Day Job and work as a chef full time! This was the best Sweetbreads of my life, and one of the best steaks. The wine was also excellent!