- Mémorial de Caen museum and D-Day sites tour, departing from Caen railway station
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Mémorial de Caen museum
- Take a 5-hour minivan tour of D-Day sites likes Arromanches and Normandy American Cemetery
- Choose to see a mixture of American D-Day sites, or opt to focus on key Canadian sites
- Learn the stories behind the statistics of D-Day and World War II from the knowledgeable and passionate guide
- Savor a 2-course lunch at La Terrasse Restaurant at Mémorial de Caen following the museum tour
- Small-group tour limited to seven or 15 people for a more intimate experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you want a fascinating, in-depth tour of the Normandy beaches and other D-Day sites, this is the one to take! Seeing the grave markers in the American cemetery after hearing the heroic and harrowing stories of the invasion was especially moving for me.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Our Version of the Memorial ...Photo by: Scott C
- The KissPhoto by: jtcnharris
- Memorial de Caen MuseumPhoto by: Ian J
- Ranger's War MemorialPhoto by: Thomas C
- Some expressive art work ...Photo by: Linda S
- The American MemorialPhoto by: Becky
- Old GloryPhoto by: Becky
- The Omaha CliffsPhoto by: Becky
- The Beach in NormandyPhoto by: Becky
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Leanne
What You Can Expect
Absolutely brilliant!! Our guide a really pleasant lady whose name I forget, unfortunately was exceptional. So friendly, making us all comfortable as if in the company of a lifelong friend. So important for our family, as this was my father's 80th birthday present and involved visiting a relative's grave the day after the tour. Her knowledge was outstanding and made the tour from being a good tour to a great tour!! The driver Frank was also friendly with a good sense of humour. This is a 'must-do' tour if in Caen....you won't be disappointed. The lunch with wine was also outstanding.
Sandrine was informative, pleasant, energetic. Excellent tour.
An absolutely amazing trip with the most knowledgeable guide! We would highly recommend it!!
We had a wonderful experience. Our guide was exceptional, the museum was very well done, and the location of one of humanity's greatest victories is something everyone should see.
It was an excellent tour with lots of valuable information provided by the guide who was exceptional. I was picked up at the train station and taken on a personal tour of the museum followed by a tour of the landing sites. The lunch too was very good. I would recommend this tour to interested people.
Best Viator tour yet! Our guide met us at the train station at 9AM and never left our side until we were back at the train station at 7PM! She was pleasant and so very knowledgeable. We enjoyed every part of it. Not to be missed!
We loved the DDay tour in Normandy. Olivia and another female were our tour guides, and they were fabulous. We loved the tour, and will recommend this one to our friends.
WOW! By far the most moving, heart-tugging and felt experience I've had. Everyone should visit these sites. Our tour guide was fabulous...very knowledgeable about history, France, life...and personable. We felt as if we were spending the day with a dear friend. I strongly recommend this tour, especially if you aren't a big tour person. There were only three others besides my husband and myself, making for a perfect paced day with lots of additional information that only a small group can allow. Everything about this tour was excellent.
We LOVED our tour. Our tour guide Rosine was amazing. We can't say enough good things about her. And our diver was wonderful too. we enjoyed our whole day there!
It was great!