- Mémorial de Caen museum and D-Day sites tour, departing from Caen railway station
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Mémorial de Caen museum
- Take a 5-hour minivan tour of D-Day sites likes Arromanches and Normandy American Cemetery
- Choose to see a mixture of American D-Day sites, or opt to focus on either key British or Canadian sites
- Learn the stories behind the statistics of D-Day and World War II from the knowledgeable and passionate guide
- Savor a 2-course lunch at La Terrasse Restaurant at Mémorial de Caen following the museum tour
- Small-group tour limited to seven or 12 people for a more intimate experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you want a fascinating, in-depth tour of the Normandy beaches and other D-Day sites, this is the one to take! Seeing the grave markers in the American cemetery after hearing the heroic and harrowing stories of the invasion was especially moving for me.
Recent Photos of This Tour
Memorial de Caen MuseumPhoto by: Ian J
Ranger's War MemorialPhoto by: Thomas C
Some expressive art work ...Photo by: Linda S
The American MemorialPhoto by: Becky
Old GloryPhoto by: Becky
The Omaha CliffsPhoto by: Becky
The Beach in NormandyPhoto by: Becky
Omaha BeachPhoto by: Leanne
What You Can Expect
Feel free to ask your guide any questions you may have about D-Day as you indulge in a 2-course lunch served with mineral water and a glass of wine at La Terrasse, a restaurant at the museum.
In the afternoon, board a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan and embark on a 5-hour guided tour of some of the most important D-Day sites you learned about during your Mémorial de Caen museum tour. The sites you see are dependent on whether you wish to visit the key American D-Day sites, or if you'd prefer to focus on either British or Canadian sites instead.
Throughout your small-group tour, your guide will share stories that will humanize the stark statistics of World War II and D-Day. By the end of this powerful tour of historic sites, you'll understand just how much was at stake on D-Day and have a new appreciation for the men who fought and died in the war. Your tour ends at Caen railway station in the evening so you can easily catch a train back to Paris (own expense) if you wish.
United States of America
Great tour with knowledgeable guides. Hit the highlights of the D-day invasion day - museum in Caen, Omaha beaches and the US cemetery. Only negative was the weather - cold, some rain and windy, but of course you don't control that. definitely worth the price.
This tour was amazing ! Fabulous tour guide from the Caen Memorial Museum. She was very passionate about her work and knowledgeable. Very surreal to visit the beaches where so many sacrificed their lives as well as the American Cementery. A tour not to be forgotten!