- Admission to the Mémorial de Caen, Normandy's most comprehensive World War II museum
- Learn about the events of D-Day and WWII within their larger historical context
- Explore museum sections on WWII, D-Day and the Cold War, plus an area of historical cartoons and drawings
- Watch two films for more insight into the events of WWII
- Discover the museum at your own pace, with or without an audio guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I highly recommend this museum to anyone visiting Normandy! It has so much fascinating information about the D-Day Landings and its interactive format keeps both adults and children interested.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
It was excellent, well worth visiting.
Very moving, also factual about ist and 2nd world wars. Cafe good too
The statue in the front (sailor kissing girl--the iconic Times Sq. photo) was a perfect start to a well planned guide to how WWII came about and the impact it had on so many millions of humans on the Earth. I was curious why this particular ground was chosen, learning later of the Nazi bunker under the structure that one can tour. Outstanding. Finally, the 50th anniversary U.S. memorial resonated with me after reading the passage in the floor of the entrance: "From the heart of our land flows the blood of our youth, given to you in the name of freedom."
We booked all of our activities through Viator and had a wonderful experience. I needed to change one reservation before we even left the U.S.A. and the staff was very accommodating. We drove from Paris to Caen, which took longer than we expected so missed our reserved date for admission to the museum, but went the following day and the museum staff were very gracious and accepted our vouchers. We definately will use Viator again! Victoria P.