- 2-nights luxury accommodation at Green Island Resort on the Great Barrier Reef
- Choice of standard Island Suite or upgrade to a larger Reef Suite
- Full day Outer Great Barrier Reef cruise including snorkeling & semi-submersible tour
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Round-trip transport between Cairns and Green Island by luxury catamaran
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Why just visit the Great Barrier Reef when you can spend three days exploring it? The resort, food and activities in this package are all top-notch. I think it's a brilliant value whether you want to do everything or nothing at all.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Departing from Cairns' Reef Fleet Terminal, your 45-minute luxury catamaran cruise to Green Island sets the scene for your 2-night tropical escape. Relax and enjoy the views along the coast where World Heritage Rainforest meets the reef. On arrival it's a short stroll to Green Island Resort and the rest of the day is free to explore the island and make use of the resort facilities.
On day 2 you have a leisurely start to the day with a late morning departure for your Outer Great Barrier Reef cruise. Join a 50-minute cruise to a permanently moored activity platform on the Outer Reef to experience the world-famous Great Barrier Reef. The multi-level platform features undercover seating and tables to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, full bar facilities, a swimming enclosure for children, change rooms with freshwater showers, sun-deck, and scuba diving facilities (additional cost) with a semi-submerged platform.
There is plenty to do for swimmers and non-swimmers alike on a great day to the Outer Reef. Snorkel and dive (additional cost applies), visit the underwater observatory and cruise in a semi-sub, or just relax on the sun-deck and enjoy the tranquility of your surroundings. Snorkeling equipment is provided and buffet lunch is included.
You'll return to Green Island in time for sunset cocktails and dinner (additional cost). The rest of your 3-day stay is at leisure so you are free to take advantage of the non-motorized beach activities such as snorkeling, rainforest walks, kayaking, windsurfing and volleyball.
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Snorkeling equipment
- Guided night nature walks
- Self guided rainforest walks
- Fish feeding daily
- Entry to the world's oldest Underwater Observatory
- Windsurfers, surf skis & canoes (includes daily windsurfing instruction)
- Beach volleyball
- Beach chairs & umbrellas
Facilities at Green Island Resort include:
- 24 hour reception
- Club Spa Massage & Beauty
- Private guest swimming pool
- Day visitor swimming pool
- Pool bar
- Restaurant bar
- Award-winning restaurant
- Casual grill
- Sandwich bar & ice cream shop
- Dive Shop
- Guest laundry
- Laundry & valet service
- Private guest lounge equipped with board games, Playstation and a library of books, videos and daily newspapers
- Wake up calls
- Internet access in guest lounge
- Photographic service
- Remote control color TV
- Complimentary cable TV
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Direct dial ISD/STD telephones
- Message waiting system
- Mini-bar and refrigerator
- Complimentary tea & coffee making facilities
- 240v/110v electrical points (bathroom only)
- Private balcony with table & chairs
- Full length mirrors
- Writing/make-up desks with mirror (Reef Suites only)
- Slippers (Reef Suites only)
- Hairdryer & complimentary personal grooming items
- Shower & separate bath
- In-room safe
- Iron & ironing board
- Rechargeable torch
Unique experience and very well organized.
This was by far the highlight of our trip to Australia. It did get a bit crowded during the day but at night and in the early morning it was quite peaceful. The best snorkeling we have ever done and watching the fish feeding is amazing. The resort rooms are well appointed and very comfortable.
I had time of my life there...
WEather was not too good but every thing was well organised
An excellent hotel on a beautiful island. The snorkelling off the island itself wasn't so good, but the trip to the Outer Reef provided the opportunity to see the better parts of the reef. Back on Green Island there were many worthwile free optional activities (guided walk, fish feeding, star gazing and night time walk), which I'd recommend.