- Tjapukai Aboriginal cultural show and dinner
- Dramatic night-time Welcome and Lakeside ceremonies
- Experience the magic and theater of Aboriginal culture
- Pickup and drop-off from central Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DidgeridooPhoto by: Patricia P
USA, 01 2011
- Aboriginal Cultural Tour of ...Photo by: Patricia P
USA, 01 2011
- IMG-20151126-WA0021Photo by: aaritu
- dinner timePhoto by: aaritu
- show beginsPhoto by: aaritu
- group picturePhoto by: aaritu
- fire making through sticksPhoto by: aaritu
- dance performancePhoto by: aaritu
- Dancing with the AboriginalsPhoto by: Yvonne B
- Tjapukai by NightPhoto by: Biplov G
- Invoking Fire GodPhoto by: Biplov G
- Another fire-making ceremonyPhoto by: Patricia P
USA, 01 2011
- Fire-making ceremonyPhoto by: Patricia P
USA, 01 2011
What You Can Expect
Daily selection from a range of canapes
- Braised emu with pureed sweet yam
- Kangaroo koftas
- Lemongrass-scented tuna on cucumber
- Sugarcane skewered crocodile
BUFFET DINNER MENU
Please note that menu is subject to change due to seasonal availability
- Freshly baked damper
- Red miso soup with traditional condiments
- Butternut pumpkin soup with sour cream and shallots
- Freshly prepared local salads
- Roasted sweet potato and macadamia salad
- Banana flower salad
- A selection of assorted condiments, chutneys and dressings
- Mussels in Davidson plum
- Prawns with lemon myrtle aioli
- Grilled rib eye dusted with mountain pepper and forest mushrooms
- Lemon aspen braised chicken breast on wilted greens
- Steamed fish with ruby grapefruit and dill cream
- Roast pork with accompanying sauces
- Roasted chat potatoes
- Seasonal vegetables
- Steamed rice
- Selection of daily prepared desserts – Davidson plum cheesecake, Gluten free chocolate brownies, Lemon myrtle tarts, Caramel chocolate tarts
- Fresh fruits and cream
North Queensland gold coffee & Daintree tea
AWESOME, SHOW and History Lesson. Had a chance to taste some kangaroo and emu.. other food was great as well. Transports to and from were on time.
This was really touristy, but really fun! You get picked up from your hotel and really have fun learning about the Aboriginal culture. They actually paint your face and try to get you involved through in their dancing and during the fire-making ceremony. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and happy to be in pictures with you. Gift shop was also very interesting and lovely!
Great experience! The staff were attentive and helpful, the meal was great, The Aboriginal dancing and storytelling were fantastic and inclusive. I learned lots, only to realise how little I know. I highly recommend this evening.
Transfers to /from hotel were on time. We were greeted with a glass of champagne at the centre before going outside for the outdoor show which we all participated in. Very good. Then dinner back inside. Buffet style, looks of choice, amongst which was freshly baked fish, beautiful! Another show after we had eaten before mingling with the cast afterwards for photos before being transferred back to the hotel. A great night had by all.
a must see
Lovely evening. Food superb.
Definitely a tour for all ages ! Very entertaining ! Dancers were fabulous !
Huge buffet dinner was great ! Cultural , educational for all ages !! The digeredo (sp) was a one of a lifetime event ... I bought a DVD to bring home for others to experience.
highly recommend this tour !
Great evening, atmosphere, food, people, could not be faulted. Jeri and Brian Mills South Africa
Absolutely fabulous. This trip is great fun. Really enjoyed all the Aboriginal stories, music, dance etc. Great meal and a very enjoyable evening. :-)
This was a fun experience! Learning about the aboriginal culture, watching them perform and make a fire. I was chosen to go up on stage and help make a fire. It was a lot of fun!