- Day trip to Daintree Rainforest, Mossman and Port Douglas
- Get an introduction to Aboriginal culture on a rainforest walk with an indigenous guide
- Look for crocodiles on a Daintree River cruise
- Try exotic tropical fruits and learn about sugar cane at a local farm
- Short tours of Mossman and Port Douglas
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas
What You Can Expect
The guided walk takes you along easy-graded tracks and is suitable for all levels of fitness however it is not suitable for wheelchairs, walking frames, etc. After your walk you’ll stop for tea and damper, and the opportunity to ask your aboriginal guide more questions about their tribe and the area.
Continue your Daintree day trip with a short tour through historical Mossman, Australia's most northern sugar town, on your way to Silky Oaks for lunch. Bring your appetite along as a delicious barramundi lunch awaits in this beautiful oasis amidst the rainforest, overlooking the Mossman River. Alternative lunch options are available for non-fish eaters.
After lunch you'll board a cruise on the Daintree River. This relaxing one-hour cruise is a great way to spot local wildlife including birds, tree snakes and of course the fearsome saltwater crocodile. Have your camera ready - these cheeky crocs could pop up anywhere without a sound!
Your next stop will be at Scomazzon Exotic Fruit & Cane Farm. Here you'll have the opportunity to taste mouth-watering tropical fruits, and learn more about the sugar cane industry which plays a crucial role in the region's economy.
Before returning to your hotel, you'll finish your day with a short tour of the once sleepy fishing town of Port Douglas, which is now a vibrant seaside village and popular local holiday spot.