- Atherton tablelands, Waterfall Circuit and Paronella Park tour from Cairns
- Enjoy a relaxing morning cruise on the volcanic crater of Lake Barrine
- Visit the giant curtain fig tree and 1,000-year-old twin kauri pine trees on a short guided walk
- See a shy platypus at Tarzali Lakes Aquaculture Centre
- Take a swim in the untamed beauty of Millaa Millaa Falls
- Tour Paronella Park and view Mena Creek Falls, the heritage gardens and castle ruins
- Eat a 2-course lunch on top of Mungalli Falls
- Pickup and drop-off from Cairns hotels
What You Can Expect
Stop for a morning Devonshire tea with freshly baked scones, then take a morning cruise on the calm waters of Lake Barrine. Admire the old-growth World Heritage-listed rainforest surrounding the lake's extinct volcanic crater, and look for wildlife basking on the shoreline. Back on land, take a short walk to see the towering 1,000-year-old twin kauri pine trees, some of Australia's tallest trees.
After a short drive, take a guided walk along the boardwalks to see an ancient giant curtain fig tree, and try to spot the area's rare tree kangaroos. Then visit a private sanctuary at Tarzali Lakes to see one of Australia's shyest native animals, the platypus, in its creek habitat.
The Waterfall Circuit takes you through a network of beautiful waterfalls flowing year-round. Take a quick swim at lovely Millaa Millaa Falls, and follow quiet country roads to enjoy a tasting of cheese and yogurt at Mungalli Creek Organic Dairy. Admire the area’s dairy pastures en route to Mungalli Falls, the area’s tallest waterfalls, where a two-course lunch is served in a private outdoor gazebo on top of the falls.
After lunch, stop at Crawford's Lookout to see an amazing view of North Johnstone Gorge en route to Paronella Park. Follow your knowledgeable guide around Paronella’s National Trust-listed heritage gardens, the romantic ruins of a Spanish-style castle and the crumbling remains of the area's first hydroelectric plant. Enjoy free time to visit the museum, and feed fish and turtles at Mena Creek Falls.
Take in views of Mt Bellenden Ker and Mt Bartle Frere, two of Queensland's highest mountains, on the scenic drive back to Cairns, the Northern Beaches or Palm Cove, where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
A great day!! More driving than I would have liked between the different spots, but a great way to see the Tablelands. The boat ride was very smooth letting us see the rainforest. Paronella Park was lovely and the only castle in Australia.
Very beautiful scene and very nice tour guide. My parents love it so much!