- Tour Atherton Tablelands Rainforest and see native wildlife in their natural environment
- Follow interpretive rainforest walking trails
- Look for endemic wildlife such as the shy platypus, Lumholtz tree kangaroos and tree frogs
- Enjoy afternoon tea at Lake Barrine, a natural volcanic crater lake
- Go platypus spotting at dusk
- Enjoy Dinner at a country restaurant
- Small-group tour of maximum 11 participants for a more personal experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a rare opportunity to see the rainforest come alive at night, and get up close to some of Australia’s unique nocturnal wildlife. With only 11 people on each tour, you'll receive personal attention and insight from your knowledgeable guide.
What You Can Expect
Tour guide was excellent. Arrived on time and in good form. As with nature you can't always guarantee what you are going to see (or not going to see) but due to the instincts etc. of the tour guide we seen a wide range of animals. Snakes, possums, spiders, kangaroos to name but a few. The dinner that was also included was quite tasty. Highly recommend you give this tour a try. It's a full day experience starting around 2 pm and ends close to midnight. Well worth it though.
Very good. Paul was very informed and it was very evident that he enjoys what he does. The fact that we could see the animals at night at their habitats was great.
The dinner was awesome and the tea and cakes were v thoughtful.