- Tour Atherton Tablelands Rainforest and see native wildlife in their natural environment
- Follow interpretive rainforest walking trails
- Look for endemic wildlife such as the shy platypus, Lumholtz tree kangaroos and tree frogs
- Enjoy afternoon tea at Lake Barrine, a natural volcanic crater lake
- Go platypus spotting at dusk
- Enjoy Dinner at a country restaurant
- Small-group tour of maximum 11 participants for a more personal experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a rare opportunity to see the rainforest come alive at night, and get up close to some of Australia’s unique nocturnal wildlife. With only 11 people on each tour, you'll receive personal attention and insight from your knowledgeable guide.
What You Can Expect
Small group tour so easy to hear the guide. Paul was very knowledgable and explained things well. We were the only group out at night so had the place to ourselves which made it very different and special. We learned so much that we continued to benefit from during the rest of our holiday.
Thank you Paul. Tim and Marion
The highlight of this tour was watching a platypus come to the surface and then dive again. Waiting for ripples in the water and then his reappearance was amazing. I'm still raving about the experience weeks later.