- Tour Atherton Tablelands Rainforest and see native wildlife in their natural environment
- Follow interpretive rainforest walking trails
- Look for endemic wildlife such as the shy platypus, Lumholtz tree kangaroos and tree frogs
- Enjoy afternoon tea at Lake Barrine, a natural volcanic crater lake
- Go platypus spotting at dusk
- Enjoy Dinner at a country restaurant
- Small-group tour of maximum 11 participants for a more personal experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a rare opportunity to see the rainforest come alive at night, and get up close to some of Australia’s unique nocturnal wildlife. With only 11 people on each tour, you'll receive personal attention and insight from your knowledgeable guide.
What You Can Expect
Always wanted to see a Tree Kangaroo, Platypus, Cassowary and Thylacine if they still exist in the wild.
On this tour with Paul I got to see 2 Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroos and 2 Platypus, plus several other mammals, reptiles, birds. The waterfalls, lakes and volcanic craters were great to see, plus the amazing
Cathedral Fig and Curtain Fig trees which are massive. Then there were the 1,000 year old Kauri Pines.
A really nice meal in the largest timber hotel historic in Australia. So glad I did this tour.
Our guide Paul is so knowledgable and very passionate- he's awesome and everyone should take this tour to see wildlife in the rainforest. Unlike the massive groups other tour companies run- Paul pays attention to the size of his tours and makes sure everyone is well taken care of