- Tour Atherton Tablelands Rainforest and see native wildlife in their natural environment
- Follow interpretive rainforest walking trails
- Look for endemic wildlife such as the shy platypus, Lumholtz tree kangaroos and tree frogs
- Enjoy afternoon tea at Lake Barrine, a natural volcanic crater lake
- Go platypus spotting at dusk
- Enjoy Dinner at a country restaurant
- Small-group tour of maximum 11 participants for a more personal experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a rare opportunity to see the rainforest come alive at night, and get up close to some of Australia’s unique nocturnal wildlife. With only 11 people on each tour, you'll receive personal attention and insight from your knowledgeable guide.
What You Can Expect
This tour was the highlight of my trip to Cairns. Our guide Paul was passionate and knowledgeable about the Tablelands rainforest and provided very personalised glimpses into the wildlife of the forest. Our twilight experience viewing a platypus in a forest pool was magical. Dinner at Nick's cafe was delicious and this was followed by a unique experience spotlighting nocturnal mammals. We were lucky to see several varieties of possums and bandicoots and experience the beauty of the forest after dark. Would recommend this ecotour to all who value the wonders of the rainforest.
The tour guide was great and went over and above to make sure we saw as many animals as possible. Seeming them at night was really neat too. The dinner was amazing!