- Flames of the Forest dinner experience, from Cairns, the Northern Beaches and Port Douglas
- Enjoy a multi-course gourmet meal accompanied by Australian wines and beer
- Bask in the romance of a stunning candlelit rainforest setting
- Listen to the music of a solo acoustic guitarist during the dinner (Saturdays)
- Become enchanted by storytelling from the Aboriginal Dreamtime (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Includes pickup and drop-off from all Port Douglas, Cairns and Palm Cove hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, follow a short pathway lit by flaming torches to arrive at a secluded clearing. The gracious staff welcomes you with hors d'oeuvres and sparkling wine. Sip your wine as you take in the nighttime forest and dining area, which is illuminated with budlight chandeliers and flickering candles, all set under a high tented canopy. For the meal, take a seat at a shared table and enjoy a memorable evening.
The 7-course Aboriginal Cultural Dining Experience takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The entertainment features an Aboriginal performance of didgeridoo, storytelling and song. On Saturdays, the 6-course Rainforest Dining Experience takes place with a guitarist that entertains diners with solo acoustic guitar.
For details about the evening, please see options and menus below under Itinerary.
Feast on a 7-course banquet that uses the freshest local produce, meats and seafood (menu below). Your meal includes Australian sparkling, white and red wines, beer and soft drinks. Watch an Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, storytelling and song.
- Trio of dips - roasted eggplant with red pepper, feta & fresh herbs, basil pesto & traditional butter served with freshly baked bread
- Fresh local Tiger prawns served with a crisp vegetable and sprout salad, with a chili and lime dressing
- Tableland salad of mesclun, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, fresh garlic croutons and Spanish onion finished with a honey mustard dressing
- Lemon myrtle infused kangaroo loin on a bed of wild rocket and toasted macadamia nuts garnished with homemade fig chutney
- Locally caught pan-fried reef fish served with lightly steamed seasonal greens and finished with a fragrant coconut and kaffir lime broth
- Jungle-spiced chicken breast with an aromatic fresh date and fire-roasted red pepper couscous topped with a mint and bush lime yogurt
- Slow roasted Black Angus sirloin served on a warm kipfler potato and green bean salad accompanied by confit cherry tomatoes, finished with a red wine jus
- Traditional Pavlova accompanied by seasonal tropical fruits, fragrant vanilla bean chantilly cream and passion fruit coulis
- Sparkling wine aperitif
- Bennetts lane NV Brut
- white wine - Plantagenet Hazard Hill Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- red wine - Plantagenet Hazard Hill Shiraz
- beer - Toohey's Extra Dry, Crown Lager, Cascade Premium Light
- soft drinks - cola, lemonade, orange juice
Savor a 6-course tropical tasting menu that is designed to introduce you to the flavors of the Tropical North. It is served plated and accompanied by premium wines. Enjoy a solo acoustic guitarist who plays enchanting music during your meal.
- Lightly seared kangaroo loin carpaccio served with a rocket, parmesan and Spanish onion salad with fresh truffle oil, dressed with aged balsamic glaze
- Smoked crocodile rillette with crisp cucumber slice & salsa verde
- House made spanner crab tortellini in a fennel cream sauce with fresh garden herbs
- Pan-seared coral trout on sauteed seasonal greens with a lemon myrtle infused beurre blanc accompanied by a fresh herb salsa
- Port-braised beef cheek on duchess potato accompanied by spring baby vegetables
- Black sapote pavé (chocolate pudding fruit) with orange blossom cream and pistachio nut praline
I can only tell you I was awestruck by this night! I thought that getting on a bus with 40 people was going to be average to bummed. As my husband and I arrived we were seated at a private table, quiet live guitar music played, it was magical. Guys this is the place to take that special girl.
What an amazing experience!! This was such a cool venue to host a dinner, and the staff was beyond wonderful. They claim that the food is a taste of Australia, and it is definitely that. I would very much recommend this tour just note that you take a bus up a very windy, narrow road, so if you get motion sickness, plan for that.
Food excellent, beautiful setting with atmosphere and friendly staff, enjoyed immensely
The atmosphere was just wonderful; a beautiful evening in the rain forest! The food was exceptional, and the music and stories were an experience not to be missed.
It was like a fairy tale I had years in my eyes it's a must do high reccommend to anyone met some lovely people too.
Highly recommend everyone to go there! Great food, great wine and the decor was breath taking!
We dined on a Saturday evening. No cultural show on this night, but a solo talented guitar/vocalist provided the perfect amount of background to accompany our 6 courses. Menu was stunning, weather amazing, atmosphere was tranquil, kind of mystical and wonderful. Simply gorgeous...
We were really impressed with this night. The setting, food and wine were just perfect.
Wonderful evening, food fantastic. Thoroughly recommend to all.
This was an incredible evening. The romantic meal on the Saturday was a highlight of our honeymoon. Relaxed and friendly staff served a delicious meal with beautiful wines. A guitarist/singer accompanied the evening with great music. We highly recommend this as a great romantic evening.