- 5-hour Green Island shore excursion by helicopter and boat from Cairns
- See spectacular views on a scenic helicopter flight to Green Island
- View the coral of the Great Barrier Reef from a glass-bottom boat
- Snorkel in clear water over the reef right from the beach
- Cruise back to Cairns by luxury catamaran
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Keep an eye out for whales and dolphins, and admire the turquoise blue Coral Sea and white-sand beaches around Green Island as you come in for a gentle landing.
On Green Island, choose from a number of ways to enjoy the tropical surroundings. View the coral reef when snorkeling in the sheltered waters or while taking a glass-bottom boat tour. Calm shallow waters are perfect for children as is the island’s swimming pool. Lounge under a palm tree on the white-sand beach, or take a walk through the rainforest on a tree-shaded boardwalk. You can enjoy lunch on the island, choosing from hot and cold dishes at the buffet.
At the end of your visit to Green Island, cruise back to Cairns aboard a luxury catamaran and transfer back to your cruise ship dock where your tour ends.
The helicopter ride itself was quite nice. I would have enjoyed it more if it were longer and circled Green Island a bit closer. The other features on the ticket were not explained well and we were misdirected several times to the glass bottom boat and the viewing station which we never did find. Did not find where to snorkel and they sent us to the wrong catamaran to return to the pier.