Treat yourself to a morning at Cairns Tropical Zoo and enjoy a fully cooked breakfast at the Koala Cafe. The animals enjoy their breakfast beside the cafe as you enjoy yours on the deck, overlooking a lake with water-birds, turtles, dragons, pelicans and ducks. Entrance ticket and an interactive morning wildlife program included.
- Get up-close to Australian wildlife on this morning tour of Cairns Tropical Zoo
- Informative and friendly presentations by the wildlife keeper
- Hand feed the kangaroos and see other wildlife including dingoes, monkeys, birds , reptiles and more!
- Opportunity to cuddle a koala (additional cost payable direct)
- Includes breakfast at the Koala cafe
- Pickup and drop-off from centrally located Cairns and Palm Cove hotels (if option selected)
Recent Photos of this Tour
Showing his pridePhoto by: Anonymous
Kangaroo surprisePhoto by: Anonymous
Red pandaPhoto by: Anonymous
Bird showPhoto by: Anonymous
Koala familyPhoto by: Anonymous
Koala is always herePhoto by: Edmond Leung
Hong Kong, 01 2009
Breakfast at Cairns Tropical ...Photo by: Edmond Leung
Hong Kong, 01 2009
What You Can Expect
Visit Cairns Tropical Zoo and enjoy breakfast at the Koala Cafe. The cafe overlooks a lake where water-birds, turtles, dragons, pelicans and ducks cruise. Surrounding trees abound with native birds and butterflies - a delightful setting and great start to anyone's day.
During breakfast the wildlife keeper will chat about, and introduce, some of the interesting animals. This is an informal presentation just for you. It's a great opportunity to ask questions. Then enjoy the rest of the morning "wildlife breakfasts" and presentations.
Breakfast is on the deck of the Koala Cafe. Breakfast includes
- Choice of fruit juice, fresh fruit salad, choice of cereals
- Fully Aussie Cooked Breakfast
- Delicious Belgian Waffles with fruit, ice cream and Tablelands fresh cream
- Tea and coffee, Toast and spreads
During Breakfast one of our wildlife keeper will be on the deck with a Koala and a Python. Great opportunity to get close to both these animals and to talk with the keeper about anything wild!
After breakfast join the half day program that includes:
* 9:30am - Pelican feeding
* 10:00am - Free flight bird show
* 11:00am - Snakes alive
* 11:30am - Cuddle a Koala photo opportunity (additional cost payable direct)
There is time to hand feed the huge mob of tame kangaroos and visit our other wildlife - cassowaries, dingoes, monkeys, birds, reptiles and more.
Nice drive from Cairns especially when a rainstorm is around( spectacular) Free birdshow at zoo well run,the different species of birds performing quite clever tricks and well trained by the handlers.
different and interesting staff excellent especially "cyclone anne" who went out of her way to help me after i injured myself the day before at Kuranda all the animals were interesting being different to other zoos