Treat yourself to a morning at Cairns Tropical Zoo and enjoy a fully cooked breakfast at the Koala Cafe. The animals enjoy their breakfast beside the cafe as you enjoy yours on the deck, overlooking a lake with water-birds, turtles, dragons, pelicans and ducks. Entrance ticket and an interactive morning wildlife program included.
- Get up-close to Australian wildlife on this morning tour of Cairns Tropical Zoo
- Informative and friendly presentations by the wildlife keeper
- Hand feed the kangaroos and see other wildlife including dingoes, monkeys, birds , reptiles and more!
- Opportunity to cuddle a koala (additional cost payable direct)
- Includes breakfast at the Koala cafe
- Pickup and drop-off from centrally located Cairns and Palm Cove hotels (if option selected)
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Showing his pridePhoto by: Anonymous
- Kangaroo surprisePhoto by: Anonymous
- Red pandaPhoto by: Anonymous
- Bird showPhoto by: Anonymous
- Koala familyPhoto by: Anonymous
- Koala is always herePhoto by: Edmond Leung
Hong Kong, 01 2009
- Breakfast at Cairns Tropical ...Photo by: Edmond Leung
Hong Kong, 01 2009
What You Can Expect
Visit Cairns Tropical Zoo and enjoy breakfast at the Koala Cafe. The cafe overlooks a lake where water-birds, turtles, dragons, pelicans and ducks cruise. Surrounding trees abound with native birds and butterflies - a delightful setting and great start to anyone's day.
During breakfast the wildlife keeper will chat about, and introduce, some of the interesting animals. This is an informal presentation just for you. It's a great opportunity to ask questions. Then enjoy the rest of the morning "wildlife breakfasts" and presentations.
Breakfast is on the deck of the Koala Cafe. Breakfast includes
- Choice of fruit juice, fresh fruit salad, choice of cereals
- Fully Aussie Cooked Breakfast
- Delicious Belgian Waffles with fruit, ice cream and Tablelands fresh cream
- Tea and coffee, Toast and spreads
During Breakfast one of our wildlife keeper will be on the deck with a Koala and a Python. Great opportunity to get close to both these animals and to talk with the keeper about anything wild!
After breakfast join the half day program that includes:
* 9:30am - Pelican feeding
* 10:00am - Free flight bird show
* 11:00am - Snakes alive
* 11:30am - Cuddle a Koala photo opportunity (additional cost payable direct)
There is time to hand feed the huge mob of tame kangaroos and visit our other wildlife - cassowaries, dingoes, monkeys, birds, reptiles and more.
This was absolutely amazing!!! Had a great breakfast and enjoyed taking pics with koala on tree next to table. Went right after to hold koala and get picture taken for 20.00..Zoo was great many different animals to see. I so recommend this tour if you want to see animals...
Being a koala addict, I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Breakfast was very good, with the bonus of having koalas nearby to charm us. Got to hold a koala at the koala exhibit! The other areas of the zoo were also enjoyable.
Do reccomend it!
Nice drive from Cairns especially when a rainstorm is around( spectacular) Free birdshow at zoo well run,the different species of birds performing quite clever tricks and well trained by the handlers.
different and interesting staff excellent especially "cyclone anne" who went out of her way to help me after i injured myself the day before at Kuranda all the animals were interesting being different to other zoos
One of the most enyjoyable days of our trip well worth it.
We arrived at the zoo with 3 kids expecting to have a wait, we were quickly checked in and seated in the restaurant for breakfast within minutes, the table was already set up for us with a high chair. The food was excellent, the children were welcome, the zoo was beautiful lots of shade, lots of paths to walk on, hardly any stairs. They even had prams to hire. Very good day out.
you can't hold koalas in sydney area, so Cairns was great for this! absolutely loved seeing native animals, especially the cassowary! we thought a half day was plenty to see the zoo; definitely catch the bird show!
We had breakfast with a Koala and a Cockatoo!! The food was lovely and fresh and the staff were more than accommodating. The animals were varied so we got to see not only the natives but some of the exotics. The zoo looks a little old and a little run down but it is very clean and the shows they put on for the tourists are a lot of fun. Our kids loved feeding the kangaroos and patting them so that was a buzz.. Great day out for all ages!!
We enjoyed the morning breakfast with the Koala's, they were a pleasure to see, and the food buffet, was also very good, the folks there were very friendly as well, I would recommend this highly, the bird show was awesome to see also. thanks so much.