- Wildlife encounter at Cairns Tropical Zoo
- Get up close with native wildlife including koalas, crocodiles, snakes, lizards and either lemurs or wombats
- Receive a complimentary souvenir photo while cuddling a Koala
- Learn about these wild animals from your informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of four people ensures a more personalized experience
- Round-trip transfers from Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels and resorts are available
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Once at the zoo, your friendly guide will lead you on an intimate, unique tour of the zoo’s five most popular wildlife encounters.
One of the zoo’s star attractions is its koalas, and you’ll get to feed and hold these cute marsupials on this special hour-long tour, and have your photo taken cuddling a koala. You’ll feed exotic cassowaries and other tropical native birds and either hand-feed stripy lemurs or encounter sleepy wombats.Hold an alligator, snake or lizard if you dare and dangle dinner from a pole for a big crocodile.
Animal-lovers will adore this up-close wildlife encounter, and with just four participants on the tour, you’ll enjoy extra attention from your knowledgeable wildlife guide.
Loved this would do it again learned a lot and got to hold animals that I will never have an opportunity to hold again. Such a neat experience our guide was friendly and informative great experience. The zoo is small so you can see it all in about 2 hours.
This tour was well worth the money, and I would recommend it to everyone visiting Cairns! It was a unique experience I've never seen anywhere else! Alex, the zookeeper, was friendly and very informative. I got a ton of great photos!
In addition to holding a koala, I also fed a lemur, a crocodile, and a cassowary. I also held a baby alligator and had a Burmese python around my neck. Despite being afraid of snakes, I loved it!