- Mossman Gorge and Daintree Cruise from Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas
- Enjoy a guided tour with the indigenous landowners at Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre
- Hear legends from the Aboriginal Dreamtime about the creation of Mossman Gorge
- Relax on a one-hour cruise on the Daintree River
- Dine on a barramundi lunch at the Daintree Tea House
- Take a short tour of Port Douglas, Four Miles Beach, the Marina and Flagstaff Hill
- Pickup and drop-off from Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas hotels
What You Can Expect
Take a short trip by eco-friendly open vehicle, inland through Mossman Gorge rainforest and its tranquil surrounds. At the Mossman Gorge Gateway Centre you'll gain insights into the culture of Australia's indigenous people and their connection to the natural environment.
Hear Aboriginal legends as your indigenous guide leads you on a Ngadiku Aboriginal Dreamtime Walk through the tropical rainforest, sharing ancient stories about the creation of this beautiful landscape. Your experience starts with a traditional 'smoking' ceremony that cleanses and wards off bad spirits.
Prior to lunch, enjoy a short visit into Daintree Village, which once was at the heart of a thriving timber industry and see the timber gallery, hosting many unique species of sustainable and other recycled timbers used to create vases, bowls and other natural artworks.
Then drive into the Daintree National Park and enjoy a one-hour cruise on the Daintree River. Listen as your experienced river guide points out the river's varied wildlife, including the estuarine crocodiles and water birds living in the mangroves. Hear how the Daintree Rainforest is the oldest intact rainforest habitat on the planet, with more species of flora and fauna than any other rainforest in the world.
For lunch, enjoy a tropical lunch of barramundi fish and tropical salads and fruit at the Daintree Tea House.
In the late afternoon, relax on the scenic drive south to Port Douglas with a visit to Four Mile Beach, the Marina and Flagstaff Hill before returning to your Palm Cove or Cairns hotel.