- Full-day trip to Fitzroy Island, from Cairns
- Take a scenic 45-minute ferry ride to the gorgeous island and enjoy a relaxing day away from the crowds
- Snorkel over the Great Barrier Reef, lounge on the beach or take a glass-bottom boat tour
- Select the Activity Pass option to enjoy a variety of fun water activities with all gear and lunch included
- Hike along well-marked trails that lead you through the rain forest and beach
- Includes round-trip ferry ticket from Cairns and plenty of time to soak up the island’s beauty
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you're looking to get closer to the abundant marine life on the Great Barrier Reef, definitely select the Activity Pass option. Or just sit back and relax beside the crystal-clear waters. A super value!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Beautiful coral beach on ...Photo by: Cookie
- Coral and fishPhoto by: Penny G
- CoralPhoto by: Penny G
- Purple CoralPhoto by: Penny G
- Fitzroy Island (main beach)Photo by: Roxane
Belgium, 08 2014
- Pulling into Fitzroy IslandPhoto by: KRISTEN H
- PerfectPhoto by: KRISTEN H
- The Hire Shop on Fitzroy ...Photo by: Kaye O
- 4Photo by: Dennis K
- 3Photo by: Dennis K
- 2Photo by: Dennis K
- 1Photo by: Dennis K
What You Can Expect
Your day begins with check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal in Cairns from 8:15am for the Fitzroy Island high-speed ferry departing at 9am. Keep an eye out for dolphins and other marine life during the 45-minute crossing or simply relax inside the cabin.
On Fitzroy Island, you can enjoy the day swimming and relaxing on the beach. If you like to explore on foot, the island features excellent hiking trails that wind through the rain forest and along the coast. The underwater world offers plenty of wonders as well, with multitudes of colorful fish and coral that can be spotted when snorkeling. Admire the rainbow colors of the parrotfish, watch clown fish darting in and out of anemones and see how many types of other marine critters you can spot in the wonderland of the Great Barrier Reef.
Upgrade to the Activity Pass that includes a glass-bottom boat tour, snorkel gear, the use of stand-up paddle boards, paddle skis and a floating ocean trampoline. A delicious picnic lunch is also included as part of the Activity Pass. You may be able to check out water floats and other gear for children depending on availability, making this a family-friendly way to enjoy your island experience.
Unreal - greatest day!
This was a beautiful adventure and the snorkeling was amazing.
This tour was amazing!
This was a great excursion. Staff was very nice and we had a great day snorkeling!
Wonderful day!! Paid a bit extra to do the glass bottom boat ride and to have the paddling equipment etc all provided. I would do this again! Excellent guides/staff, really well organised but still very flexible to let us enjoy the island at our own pace. Had an awesome time, definitely recommend.
This day trip was excellent, we all very much enjoyed our selves. The staff where excellent and great value for money. Highly recommend this to everyone.
Beautiful day out. Highly recommended for those who love water activities.
The lunch was delicious, so fresh and filling. A great day to do as little or as much as you like. The snorkeling was amazing. A really fun day.