- Full-day trip to Fitzroy Island, from Cairns
- Take a scenic 45-minute ferry ride to the gorgeous island and enjoy a relaxing day away from the crowds
- Snorkel over the Great Barrier Reef, lounge on the beach or take a glass-bottom boat tour
- Select the Activity Pass option to enjoy a variety of fun water activities with all gear and lunch included
- Hike along well-marked trails that lead you through the rain forest and beach
- Includes round-trip ferry ticket from Cairns and plenty of time to soak up the island’s beauty
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you're looking to get closer to the abundant marine life on the Great Barrier Reef, definitely select the Activity Pass option. Or just sit back and relax beside the crystal-clear waters. A super value!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Beautiful coral beach on ...Photo by: Cookie
- Coral and fishPhoto by: Penny G
- CoralPhoto by: Penny G
- Purple CoralPhoto by: Penny G
- Fitzroy Island (main beach)Photo by: Roxane
Belgium, 08 2014
- Pulling into Fitzroy IslandPhoto by: KRISTEN H
- PerfectPhoto by: KRISTEN H
- The Hire Shop on Fitzroy ...Photo by: Kaye O
- 4Photo by: Dennis K
- 3Photo by: Dennis K
- 2Photo by: Dennis K
- 1Photo by: Dennis K
What You Can Expect
Located only 18.5 miles (30 km) from Cairns, Fitzroy Island lies within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Its protected coral reef offers excellent snorkeling from the beach and is home to colorful hard and soft corals, tropical fish, sea turtles and other marine life.
Spend the day as you wish, with options that include snorkeling, swimming and kicking back on the beach. The underwater world offers the rainbow colors of the parrotfish, clown fish darting in and out of anemones, and many other marine critters. On land, you can follow hiking trails through the rainforest and along the coast.
Upgrade to the Activity Pass, a cost-effective option that includes the use of snorkel gear, stand-up paddle boards, paddle skis and a floating ocean trampoline, plus a glass-bottom boat tour and a delicious picnic lunch. Depending on availability, you can use water floats and other gear for children, making this a family-friendly way option on the island.
At the end of the day, return on the ferry to Cairns where your tour ends.
Whilst the trip is a bit slow to get started we had to sit in the sun for a while before the boat got going and had once you got to the island you had to wait again for equipment to be all set out, patience is a virtue. Fitzroy Island was absolutely stunning. The water was clear, the reef was great for beginner snorkelling and we saw many varieties of fish and turtles! We chose the upgraded tour which provided us with all gear which was lots of fun and lunch which was yummy and healthy! We also got the glass bottom boat tour which is educational, you get to have a quick little tour around one side of the island and you get to feed fish! Definitely worth the money we paid for this tour! Staff are fun and easy going, very professional!
Great day out! Activities good fun and island is beautiful.
very cool tour the guys are just amazing,helpful friendly just great the complete trip
This was a very friendly and well organised trip.
Beautiful Island! Do the upgrade with lunch and activities...well worth it!
Beautiful boat tour, loved the glass bottom boat, and enjoyed the snorkeling and beach time.
Unreal - greatest day!
This was a beautiful adventure and the snorkeling was amazing.
This tour was amazing!
This was a great excursion. Staff was very nice and we had a great day snorkeling!