- Entry to Kuranda Koala Gardens and Birdworld, two of the top wildlife attractions in Cairns
- Have a souvenir photo taken while cuddling a koala (own expense)
- Enjoy close-up encounters with freshwater crocodiles, monitor lizards, wombats and wallabies
- Experience Australia's first walk-through snake house
- See one of the largest collections of free-flying birds in Australia
- Hand-feed lorikeets and cockatoos (own expense)
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Enter one of Australia’s only walk-through snake houses to see pythons and poisonous snakes, as well as monitor lizards and dragon lizards, and then counteract the creepiness with a koala encounter. If you want to do more than just look at these beloved eucalyptus-eating animals, you can purchase a cuddling experience that includes a souvenir photo (own expense).
At the Koala Gardens, you’ll receive your ticket for Birdworld, so head there next to experience a huge flock of free-flying birds. Within walking distance of the Koala Gardens, Birdworld is home to large aviary that mimics a rainforest habitat, where more than 80 species of native birds, some rare, fly among the lush landscape and water features. See birds like parrots, lorikeets and bowerbirds, and look for cassowaries, rarely seen in the wild. You might also spot international visitors like South American macaws. For an additional fee, you may hand-feed colorful cockatoos and lorikeets.