- Night tour in a 4WD Hummer in the rainforest and to Granite Gorge, from Cairns or the Northern Beaches
- Start your evening with a barbecue and billy-tea (a quintessential Australian tea made by campfire) in the outback
- See nocturnal Australian widlife in their natural environment and come face-to-face with rock-wallabies
- Explore the World Heritage-listed Kuranda Rainforest at night then cross the Atherton Tablelands to Granite Gorge
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
After you have fortified yourself with the barbecue and billy-tea, you’ll step into an American Military H1 Hummer for a four-wheel driving experience in the rainforest! Zoom into the jungle, crossing a creek and feeling the power of the high-performance all terrain vehicle, driven by your experienced driver and guide. The Hummer’s huge spotlights illuminate the forest, allowing you to spot animals that roam the forest at night.
Once you have explored the night rainforest in the Hummer, you’ll cross the Atherton Tablelands–a scenic undulating plateau with World Heritage listed rainforest–to Granite Gorge. At Granite Gorge you will see rock-wallabies hopping around you. They are so friendly that they will eat out of your hands (food is provided)! If you are lucky, you may even see a wallaby mother with a small joey in her pouch.
Also keep an eye out for nocturnal birds and the enormous animal-shaped boulders (formed by volcanic activity) spread across the savannah.
After a fun, action-packed evening of off-road travel, star gazing and Australian wildlife, you’ll be returned to your hotel to end your tour.