- Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway day trip from Cairns, Northern Beaches or Port Douglas
- Skip the line with express tickets for the Kuranda Scenic Railway and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Travel in Gold Class on the Kuranda Scenic Railway with premium seating and morning or afternoon refreshments
- Have plenty of free time to explore Kuranda and take advantage of discount entry to a variety of attractions and wildlife exhibits
- Browse the famous Heritage Markets in Kuranda Village at your leisure
- Take an optional exclusive tour of the World Heritage-listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Marvel at the engineering of the Cairns-Kuranda Railway, constructed between 1882-1891
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Ride the Skyrail up to Kuranda and relax with snacks and drinks in Gold Class when you return on the Kuranda Scenic Railway.
What You Can Expect
This was an excellent day out. The train was very nostalgic and great fun. The Gold Class was very good too. The village of Kuranda was full of shops and cafes and we enjoyed walking along the trails that surrounded the village. The cable car was enjoyable and gave us a different perspective than the train. The organization of the tour was professionally delivered although being collected over an hour before getting to the train station was a little frustrating as we were not that far away. Overall, a great day.
This tour was amazing!
a wonderful day - well worth the extra to go gold class
The day was beautiful. Took the cable up and the train back. Loved the little town.
The Gold Class Railway trip up to the Kuranda was great! Comfortable seating, good food and drinks with first-class service.
Brilliant. Everything ran very smoothly: courteous and punctual drivers, tickets and itinerary printed for us so no queues. Just the right amount of time in Kuranda and to take the little boat trip on the Barron River to look at freshwater crocs and feed turtles and fish, railway gold class well worth the extra cost, and the drive back to Port Douglas around the coast at sunset a bonus.
We bought the gold class tickets. Well worth the money. A day we will always remember. Such a well run day: from the coach pick-up at motel to the triain, first class service on the train, the village is full of things to do and see, the Skyrail was a wonderful experience then back on the coach, delivered to the front door of motel!
Sky rail up the mountain and gold class train back down was ideal for us 60 retirees. Many others including families were similar. Time in Kuranda between transfers was ideal for a good look aroung market areas and then nice meal at the pub. Very relaxed, walking was uphill and back for shops and sites.
We had a great time. Well worth going.
A must for all visitors