- 5.5-hour Cairns sightseeing tour
- Visit top Cairns-area attractions, including the waterfront, Flecker
Botanical Gardens, the Outback Opal Mine and St Monica's Cathedral, home
to the world's largest peace-themed stained-glass window
- Indulge in a Devonshire tea, coffee or hot chocolate and scones
- Walk the lower section of Barron Gorge National Park and admire the
views of the rugged mountains, ravines and tumbling waterfalls
- Upgrade to include a cruise to Green Island for optional snorkeling or a glass-bottom boat tour
- Small-group tour limited to 21 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
What You Can Expect
Next, enjoy an indulgent afternoon tea of scones and tea, coffee or hot chocolate at a local cafe; see the city from a hillside lookout that boasts fabulous photo opportunities; and take a walk past the ravines, rugged mountains and tumbling waterfalls of Barron Gorge National Park. Then browse the award-winning showrooms of the Outback Opal Mine to see how Australia’s famous iridescent opals are formed, cut and polished. Your tour ends by the water with a walk along Palm Cove Jetty or the beach.
To make a full day of your Cairns experience, upgrade to include an optional morning cruise to Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef. Spend two hours relaxing on Green Island, or choose to include optional snorkeling or viewing the coral on a glass-bottom boat tour (additional expense payable directly). Then return to Cairns in time to begin your small-group city tour in the afternoon.
Excellent tour with knowledgeable guide. Fantastic afternoon tea/coffee.
Excellent tour and very interesting! Our tour guide Roger was so nice and very informative! Learned a lot about the city and it was a nice way to "sample" the city to see where we'd like to go next or what we'd like to see!