- Full-day tour of Alexandria from Cairo, with an expert guide
- Explore this laid-back Mediterranean city, founded by Alexandria the Great in the 4th century BC
- Descend into the eerie Roman burial tunnels of Kom ash-Shuqqafa
- Visit spectacular Alexandria Library, inspired by the city’s great ancient library and home to eight million books!
- Walk the ramparts of Fort Qaitbey, built where Alexandria’s legendary lighthouse stood
- Admire the Greek and Roman displays at Alexandria National Museum
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Our tour guide (Hind) was friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating. Some of us had to be back in Cairo for train rides to Luxor and Aswan and she was able to get us to all of the fascinating sites and back in time for our departures. The day before the tour, my ATM card was swallowed by the ATM machine and she even contacted the bank to have them hold the card for me until I returned. 5 stars for Hind.
This trip to Alexandria was great, the travel agency could not have done a better job. Dalia was a great guide and Farrak an excellent driver, kind and cool people. I was the only guest and they made a few changes to the plans for the day, no hassle. The Alexandria library is worth the trip, it is incredible.
It is however a VERY long trip (4 hours from Alexandria to Cairo...), on a very busy road, be ready for that!