Important Notice: See travel warning below given current civil unrest in Cairo.
- Learn photography tips on this four-hour walking tour of Cairo
- Visit Al-Azhar Mosque, the Mosque of Al Hakim and the remains of Beshtak Palace
- See Bab Al-Nasr, Bab Al-Futuh and Bab Al-Zuwayla
- Enjoy the Street of the Tentmakers, Cairo's medieval covered market
- Get photography lighting tips and learn how to capture atmosphere in your photos
What You Can Expect
Your Cairo Photography Walking Tour ends at the Northern Gates to Islamic Cairo.
Some of the things you will learn from your photographer guide:
- How to incorporate lighting conditions to create dramatic photos
- How to capture the atmosphere of a particular scene
- How to compose a photograph to get the maximum effect
Your English-speaking Photographer guide has in-depth local knowledge, a passion for Cairo and for the art of photography. So bring your camera and be prepared to walk, shoot and click.
Please note: Egypt has remained relatively unstable since the beginning of the Arab Spring in 2011, but recently the situation has intensified dramatically. Even before this recent escalation in violence, the U.S. State Department issued a travel warning advising U.S. citizens to defer travel to Egypt, and American citizens living in Egypt to depart. Those who do travel to Egypt now should take extreme care to avoid protest areas and to stay informed of the situation, which could change for the better or worse at any time. Please note that tours may be changed or cancelled at any time for safety reasons. (Posted 15 August 2013)