Explore Cairo’s most iconic Islamic sites on a 4-hour walking tour through the city, then visit Khan el-Khalili market. Walk alongside your local guide as you climb Mokattam Hill to the Citadel of Saladin, and take in sweeping views from the fortifications. Enter the Mamluk-era Sultan Hassan Mosque to see soaring chambers and elegant courtyards; discover intricate artwork and learn of the four historic madrassas inside the house of worship. Leave the serenity of the mosque for a bustling market, and practice your bargaining skills as you shop for souvenirs.
- Walking tour of Cairo’s most important Islamic sites
- Learn about Cairo's ancient Islamic history, traditions and culture
- Enjoy sweeping city views from the Citadel of Saladin, built to protect Cairo from the Crusaders
- Visit the Sultan Hassan Mosque, a masterpiece of Islamic architecture
- Explore the incredible Khan el-Khalili bazaar, a traditional market from medieval times