- Private tour to Alabaster Mosque, Sultan Hassan and Khan el-Khalili from Cairo
- Go inside the Alabaster Mosque, where you’ll learn from your guide the beliefs of Islam
- Enjoy free time to shop and bargain at the Khan el Khalili bazaar
- Private tour allows you to determine the amount of time spent at each site
- Qualified Egyptologist guide, hotel pickup and drop-off, and air-conditioned transportation included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt.
Continue to the Mosque and Madrassa (school) of Sultan Hassan. Built between 1356 and 1363, and is believed to be one of the finest examples of Mamluk architecture in Cairo. The mosque is also considered one of the largest, not only in Cairo but in the whole Islamic world, measuring some 492 feet (150 meters) long and 118 feet (36 meters) high. The highest minaret is 223 feet (68 meters) tall.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
This tour provides an excellent taste of Cairo. The driver was very professional and the tour guide was friendly, knowledgable and seemed genuinely interested in sharing his knowledge of Cairo. I recommend this tour.
I had the most wonderful guide, he was asking me the entire time if I am still satisfied, if I want to hear more, if I want to go to the loo, if I'm thirsty, I can defnitely recommend this tour.