- Private day trip to the Great Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo
- Guided introduction to each of the three pyramids
- Free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost)
- Photo opportunity of the pyramids and Cairo skyline
- Visit the enigmatic Sphinx
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
- Pickup and drop-off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- bei den Pyramiden in GizehPhoto by: Barbara K
- good advertPhoto by: andrew c
- Camel ride with Pyramids ...Photo by: Christopher D
- Seeing the Pyramids the old ...Photo by: Michael F
USA, 09 2012
- Pyramids in GizaPhoto by: Michael B
- What a sight!Photo by: JOHN S
- Kissing the sphinxPhoto by: JOHN S
- Sphinx and PyramidsPhoto by: FuroraCeltica
- Giza PyramidsPhoto by: Eric B
- Camels and Pyramids - ...Photo by: Phillip B
- The great pyramids of GizaPhoto by: Michelle C
- Cairo Camel lovePhoto by: Michelle C
- My homie, the SphinxPhoto by: Michelle C
- Camel ridePhoto by: Bernie
- In awe at SphinxPhoto by: andrew c
- Asking questionsPhoto by: andrew c
- The PyramidsPhoto by: Michael F
USA, 09 2012
- Pyramids and SphinxPhoto by: Michael B
- Whoa CamelPhoto by: Michael B
Australia, 05 2010
- Touching top of pyramidPhoto by: Michael B
USA, 01 2010
What You Can Expect
After visiting the pyramids, you'll then continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background.
A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. The Sphinx has the body of a lion and the head of a king, and is surrounded in mystery, including the unanswered questions: who built it and why.
In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
The best part of our tour. Drivers were very skilled at getting through the Cairo streets and outlying areas. We waited a long time to see the Sphinx and Giza Pyramids. It was awesome! Ahmad was our tour guide, spoke very good English and was very funny and knowledgeable. Thanks for a wonderful vacation. We couldn't have done it without Viator!
Fabulous Trip - Our guide Ahmed Kamal was very knowledgeable, passionate about egypt and egyptology and had a great sense of humpour. We had an easy rapport with him and nothing was a problem. He gave us great advice on how to deal with the touts, children etc and ensured that we were well looked after and that all our questions were answered.
Mohammad our tour guide was exceptional. His depth of knowledge and skill in teaching about the pyramids made this one of the best tours we have ever taken. I would highly recommend asking for him specifically. He puts his knowledge over in an easy to understand way. Great value in my opinion.
Tour was of the pyramids was great. Guide was very knowledgeable. Transportation was also good...timely hotel pick-up.
Guide was excellent. Definitely recommended.
Clear communication, good organization, great guide!
Best tour so far. Great guide and 5 service.
Guide spoke English, gave lots of info, not pushy and made us feel comfortable so we can do things at our pace. Driver was lovely too. I am surprised at what we got out of this. They were so considerate and made sure we got the most out of it and saw everything.
Will be booking again when I go back :
Exactly what we wanted - picked up as arranged from hour hotel by very knowledgeable guide - would recommend
Pyramids and Sphinx are wonderful. Guide was brilliant. Excellent English speaking and very knowledgeable. Very good value all round.
The Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx are one of those bucket list things that everyone talks about doing and that get a lot of hype. Let me tell you, they completely and totally live up to their reputation. I've wanted to visit them since I was six years old I was a precocious kid, and when you build something up for over a quarter century, it has to be pretty spectacular. The pyramids and the Sphinx are there's no way to describe how incredible it is to get to interact with ancient history on such an intimate level you can even climb inside the Great Pyramid, although be aware that it's pretty tight inside and a physically challenging climb. The tour takes you up close and personal and then out to a plateau with a view that makes you feel like you've stepped inside the pages of National Geographic. Our guide, Mahmoud, was incredibly friendly and knowledgable he took care of everything we needed and I would highly recommend requesting him specifically for your tour. A, can't recommend highly enough.
$37.00 Save $3.70