Book with us and save 7% compared to another travel site!
- Day trip to Chichen Itza from Cancun
- Explore the observatory, a sacred cenote, the ball court and the castle
- Enjoy a delicious buffet-style lunch while watching a traditional folkloric dance
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site and its fascinating temples
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from most Cancun hotels
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Chichen Itza is a must-see, and the super-informative guides on this tour will help you understand why. You also get free time to explore these well-preserved Mayan ruins on your own.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- CHICHEN ITZAPhoto by: Rizza
- Chichen Itza ObservatoryPhoto by: r&r
- Chichen ItzaPhoto by: Audrey F
USA, 10 2010
- April 2010_100310_185Photo by: Audrey F
USA, 10 2010
- Chichen ItzaPhoto by: Anonymous
- Cenote Il KilPhoto by: Elise R
- Cenote Il KilPhoto by: Elise R
- Jim and IPhoto by: Elise R
- Our fantastic guide, Carlos ...Photo by: Elise R
- Photo op!Photo by: Elise R
- KukulcanPhoto by: Elise R
- The great pyramid, KukulcanPhoto by: Elise R
- Mayan warriorPhoto by: Elise R
- Ik Kil CenotePhoto by: jaclynjacobs
- Chichen Itza Mayan RuinsPhoto by: jaclynjacobs
- Day trip to Chichen Itza ...Photo by: Evo
- Chichen Itza from afar!Photo by: Natasha Z
- Chichen ItzaPhoto by: Appline C
- Chichen ItzaPhoto by: SHARLAMAIN A
- celebrating 5 years of datingPhoto by: CARLO A
What You Can Expect
Phenomenal! Our guide, Carlos Noel Moo, was outstanding! He is a walking Mayan documentarian. He is Mayan and speaks English, Spanish, and Mayan interchangeably. He makes the 2 plus hour drive from Cancun fly with the amazing history and his vast knowledge of the Mayan civilization. They provide one water bottle during the trip so I suggest you bring your own. However, they do stop at a convenience store for a bathroom break and to purchase drinks and snacks. Bring your bathing suit, towels, water shoes/flip flops as you will stop at Cenote Il Kil, world's largest sinkhole for a swim. It is a breathtaking, natural swimming pool, within the earth, like a bottomless well, filled with clean, refreshing, aquamarine water. It is much hotter at Chichenitza so take a hat and sunscreen. Carlos gave us awesome archeological information as well as unbelievable facts of how and why the pyramids were constructed. Spectacular knowledge of astronomy sound and light engineering and design. The list is endless. I would recommend videotaping his explanations while you are there to share with your friends and family because it is quite fascinating and he explains it so passionately and succinctly. When I return with my kids I will definitely do this tour again! Do not hesitate...book now and ask for Carlos. You will gain an enormous appreciation and love of the Mayan civilization.
Tour was awesome! It was about 11 hours long and well worth it! Ricardo was such an energetic and warm guide. Just a warning though - in is VERY HOT - make sure you're in very light clothes and bring sunscreen. At one point we were ecstatic it started raining so we could cool off a bit. The cenote was the highlight for me - it was so beautiful - and make sure to take a dip inside to get the full experience!
Tour guide was very knowledgeable. I've recommended this tour to all my friends planning to visit Cancun.
Excellent. From on time pick up to knowledgeable guides, this was an excellent learning experience. Highly recommend.
Very good trip. The guide was excellent , knowledgeable and well prepared
The journey is very long but the distance and time allows the tourists get an excellent education of the Mayan people and culture. Overall, an excellent experience. Will recommend it and this team
My husband and I really enjoyed the small group tour. Our driver was Ricardo and our tour guide was Susana. She really made our day. She was extremely knowledgeable with the Maya history and sites. She was very helpful and fun. We would recommend it to everyone interested in a tour to Chichen Itza.
This was a great very well organized and informative tour.Ricardo was our tour guide,. He was very knowledgeable, amazing and clear.Ricardo made our tour through Chichen Itza and Cenote a memorable one. I would strongly recommend to our friends.
I cannot stress enough how helpful and informative our guide was, Carlos Moo is an embassador for the Mayan people and was basically like a Mexican Father while we were on the tour, we were lucky enough to get him on our Cancun Tulum and Coba tour so we already had met and that made the day much better as we walked around Chichen Itza. Carlos you are a legend!!
Ricardo was our tour guide. He was amazing! He was clear and informative. The driver was great too. And the assistant. We stopped in a Mayan city and met very nice people and got astrology charts. We toured through Chichen Itza and then we also went to a cenote and ate lunch. This was such an amazing trip. Thank you!
Would recommend to a friend. Guide was very knowledgeable and answered all questions. Tour was well organized and extremely informative for the amount of time given. The only drawback was that the cenote that was visited was crowded with mostly teenagers. Made me not want to swim in it. Otherwise great all around.
$74.99 Save $5.00