- Yucatan day trip to Ría Lagartos and Ek’Balam
- Ride a boat through the estuary of Ría Lagartos, a renowned nature preserve
- Tour the archeological structures of Ek´Balam and learn about the Mayan Empire
- Enjoy breakfast, boxed lunch and a buffet dinner
- Dine on a delicious buffet of Yucatecan favorites at La Casona in Valladolid
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen and Tulum
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You’ll learn historical facts from an expert guide on this all-inclusive day trip to a unique archeological site.
What You Can Expect
The excursion itself was great. Ek Balam is an amazing site with beautiful friezes and still excavated ruins. The trip to Ria Lagartos was also very pleasant. We had great guides for both of these excursions and their commentaries helped us to understand what we were seeing. finally, we had a very nice dinner at an interesting restaurant in Valiodad. It was fun to see this old city and to enjoy authentic Mayan cuisine. All in all, this was an enjoyable tour that was well worth the cost.
Our only difficulty was with regard to communications before the excursion. When we signed up for the excursion online, I asked Viator whether we could be picked up at Club Med and was told that this was possible. When we arrived at Club Med, we asked the reservation person to confirm the pickup time and place and after communicating with a person from the tour company. she told us that we would be picked up at 7 am on Wed at Club Med. When we were not picked up, we contacted the tour company ourselves and found out that they don't stop at Club Med, but at Westin - a nearby resort. They were gracious in rescheduling us to Friday and all went well from that point on.
FANTASTIC!!! Would recommend this one over most of the others :-)