- Mayan cultural tour with cooking class from Cancun
- Participate in an authentic Mayan ceremony and see a show at the planetarium
- Tour UNESCO World Heritage-listed Chichen Itza with an experienced guide
- Relax at Mayaland Resort’s swimming pool, botanical gardens and Xtoloc Cenote
- Enjoy cooking traditional Mayan cuisine for lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by Mercedes Benz van with complimentary bottled water, soft drinks and beer on board
- Small-group tour limited to 25 ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This culture-infused tour includes a bit of everything – Mayan language, history and cooking – topped off with relaxation at Mayaland Resort!
What You Can Expect
Our tour guide Carlos was very knowledgeable and interesting. We enjoyed the lesson in numerology, cooking like a Mayan and the show at the observatory very much. Chichen Itza is well worth a visit and Viator is the best!
Great tour overall. It was only the two of us on the day we went, so I think ours may have been a bit different. We we're also a bit late being picked up, and after changing vans, arrived late to the tour. I think this hurried our classes (counting, language, cooking). No light breakfast or refreshments on the way, as noted in schedule details, so we were happy to have eaten a light breakfast at our resort prior to being picked up. After the planetarium (which was cheesy at times, but definitely a good history of the Mayan people and culture), we were supposed to go to straight to the ruins. However, we were starving at that point and asked to eat first, which they graciously accommodated. We had a feast! Multiple appetizers, entree choice of the chicken we cooked or another meat/fish, and dessert. However, we ate so much and for so long, that we cut our ruins tour down to only 1.5 hours. Luckily, we had Gil, the world's best tour guide who got us through the ruins efficiently. He was SO fantastic!!!
Overall, transfers and inclusions were an issue but at the end of the day I had fun, learned a lot, and came back thrilled!