- Mayan cultural tour with cooking class from Cancun
- Participate in an authentic Mayan ceremony and see a show at the planetarium
- Tour UNESCO World Heritage-listed Chichen Itza with an experienced guide
- Relax at Mayaland Resort’s swimming pool, botanical gardens and Xtoloc Cenote
- Enjoy cooking traditional Mayan cuisine for lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by Mercedes Benz van with complimentary bottled water, soft drinks and beer on board
- Small-group tour limited to 25 ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This culture-infused tour includes a bit of everything – Mayan language, history and cooking – topped off with relaxation at Mayaland Resort!
What You Can Expect
It was great The tour guide was very knowledgeable It was neat to cook chicken Mayan style and then eat it Only my wife comprehended Mayan math
Wowzers! We had such an incredible time on our trip to Chichen Itza and learned so much about the Mayans from our tour guide Carlos! He was incredibly knowledgeable and clearly passionate about what he was sharing which brought so much of the history to life.
We would say though that the Viator description is slightly misleading. The cooking class involves cooking pre-prepared food, and the relaxation at the Mayaland resort involves eating and walking amongst the gardens on your way to different elements of the tour, but no use of the pool facilities. This wasn't a problem though as so much of your time is spent experiencing different elements of Mayan culture and of course going to the sight of Chichen Itza with our incredibly knowledgeable tour guide, Carlos, who could answer any questions you had about the sight and the Mayans.
We would highly recommend this tour as it was a huge highlight of our trip.