- Day trip to Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve
- Take a relaxing hike through the Muyil coastal rainforest and learn about its wildlife
- Visit a local Mayan village and their gum-making camp
- Embark on a boat trip and swim along Muyil and Chunyaxché lagoons
- Snorkel in a crystal-clear cenote and enjoy snacks, fruit, drinks and lunch (all included)
- Transport from most Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulúm hotels
- Small-group tour with maximum of 10 people provides a more personal atmosphere
After pickup from your hotel in the morning, visit the Sian Ka’an camp where a Mayan community taps local trees to make chewing gum – the traditional way. Discover the Mayan origins of gum production as you participate in this fascinating process.
Next, set out on an easy hike through the tropical rainforest, keeping an eye out for wildlife as you learn about the reserve’s flora and fauna from an indigenous guide. Then, savor a snack, including fresh fruit and drinks, as you relax on a deck in Muyil.
When you’ve had your fill, hop aboard a boat for a leisurely, two-hour cruise down gorgeous turquoise lagoons, including Muyil and Chunyaxché. Hear more about the diverse ecosystems and look for native animals that inhabit the area before you descend into the refreshing water channels for a swim.
Make use of your life vest and float comfortably along the freshwater canals surrounded by mangroves. When you arrive at the cenote, a cave-like sinkhole filled with water beneath limestone walls, immerse in the crystal-clear water and snorkel around, exploring its depths if you choose. Finally, enjoy the local cuisine with a delectable lunch (included) in Tulúm before you head back to your hotel.
Reviewed by Daniel S, January 2013
This was a really great experience!
We had a group of 9 people aged 13 to mid-50s, and everyone had a wonderful time. The tour company had everything organized and well-planned out without going to the excessive lengths of making it feel like an assembly line. Full day of fun and adventure.
Reviewed by Takuro W, December 2012
I had awesome experience. Especially swimming in super clear water was excellent!
Also eating Mexican food at local restaurant was nice!