Save 35% when you travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays! See pricing options for full details
- Early access Chichen Itza tour with a private archeologist
- Beat the crowds with an early morning visit to Chichen Itza
- Gain essential background information by touring with a private archeologist
- Visit parts of the UNESCO World Heritage site that other tourists don't see
- Enjoy a box lunch and round-trip transportation
- Experience personalized attention on this Viator Exclusive tour
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Tour Chichen Itza in the early morning, when the site is less crowded, and gain essential historical and cultural background by visiting with a private archeologist. Hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees and box lunch are included, making this a great trip for families
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The temple from the best sidePhoto by: Mark S
- Chichen Itza in the morningPhoto by: Mark S
- El CastilloPhoto by: Patrick H
- The steps of El CastilePhoto by: Andrew S
- Ballcourt GoalPhoto by: Matthew K
- chichenPhoto by: Sadegh H
- The MountainPhoto by: Carolyn Y
- chichen itza early accessPhoto by: Samantha G
- Neature!!Photo by: Kristan M
- ItzaPhoto by: Jackson T
- Village of Eze July 2015Photo by: Faraneh
- Platform of VenusPhoto by: Crystal S
- Temple of KukulkanPhoto by: Crystal S
- PyramidPhoto by: Sarah J
- Snake BasePhoto by: Sarah J
- The Big TemplePhoto by: Marius R
- One of the 7 wonders of the ...Photo by: Soraya N
- FrankPhoto by: Catherine C
- FrankPhoto by: Catherine C
- Mayan TemplePhoto by: Jose R
What You Can Expect
Learn about the important role that this well-preserved site played in Mayan civilization between 600 and 1200 AD from your private archeologist guide. Listen to your guide's explanation of how this pre-Colombian settlement was an important destination for pilgrimages, center of worship for the Mayan people and is still considered sacred today.
Visit the Temple of Kukulkan, which enjoys a special trick of the light during the spring and fall equinoxes. View the Temple of the Jaguars, the Temple of the Warriors and the Observatory. Hear about the meaning of the staircases, stone carvings, platforms, pyramids and ball courts according to the mythology and cosmology of the ancient Mayan people.
It was well worth waking up early. We were there and gone before the crowds and the hot blazing sun. Freddy was an amazing guide. His knowledge was relevant and came from his beliefs as a Mayan himself.
The bus was a large tour bus. The driver (sorry can and #39;t remember his name) was safe and careful.
all i an saying is outstanding
We had a wonderful tour to Chichen Itza and our tour guide Frank was awesome. Ramone was our bus driver. High fives to them both for an amazing day!
This was a great trip. Leaves VERY early but definitely worth it to have a more private experience.
Frank was a Mayan himself, very knowledgeable and interesting. Gave us a 2 hour tour, which included many fascinating facts about the culture. Ramon was an excellent driver. We really appreciated the bottle of cold water on the trip back to our resort. The bus came on time and a couple of bathroom breaks were taken. A wonderful day trip!!!!
Our trip was awesome! Ramon and Conrad did an outstanding job! It was an experience of a lifetime and I highly recommend it.
We loved the early access tours. It was well worth the early start. We could have used more time but it was getting hot and crowded when we left.
Franck was our tour guide and him and his driver were nothing short of FABULOUS! I had such a wonderful time listening to his insight on the Mayan culture. He is passionate and very funny. He kept my attention with everything he had to say about Chichen Itza. I am an archaeology major and I STILL learned so much. Be prepared for hot weather and wear comfortable shoes. I recommend bringing an umbrella for the best sun protection. We avoided the intense heat by departing early in the morning and leaving the site around noon. Go on this tour, you won't regret it!!
The early morning tour was great to beat the heat and the crowds.
The trip was fantastic and I would recommend it to everyone.