Save 35% when you travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays! See pricing options for full details
- Early access Chichen Itza tour with a private archeologist
- Beat the crowds with an early morning visit to Chichen Itza
- Gain essential background information by touring with a private archeologist
- Visit parts of the UNESCO World Heritage site that other tourists don't see
- Enjoy a box lunch and round-trip transportation
- Experience personalized attention on this Viator Exclusive tour
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Tour Chichen Itza in the early morning, when the site is less crowded, and gain essential historical and cultural background by visiting with a private archeologist. Hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees and box lunch are included, making this a great trip for families
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lessons on the bus - ...Photo by: Mandy R
- The temple from the best sidePhoto by: Mark S
- Chichen Itza in the morningPhoto by: Mark S
- El CastilloPhoto by: Patrick H
- The steps of El CastilePhoto by: Andrew S
- Ballcourt GoalPhoto by: Matthew K
- chichenPhoto by: Sadegh H
- The MountainPhoto by: Carolyn Y
- chichen itza early accessPhoto by: Samantha G
- Neature!!Photo by: Kristan M
- ItzaPhoto by: Jackson T
- Village of Eze July 2015Photo by: Faraneh
- Platform of VenusPhoto by: Crystal S
- Temple of KukulkanPhoto by: Crystal S
- PyramidPhoto by: Sarah J
- Snake BasePhoto by: Sarah J
- The Big TemplePhoto by: Marius R
- One of the 7 wonders of the ...Photo by: Soraya N
- FrankPhoto by: Catherine C
- FrankPhoto by: Catherine C
What You Can Expect
Learn about the important role that this well-preserved site played in Mayan civilization between 600 and 1200 AD from your private archeologist guide. Listen to your guide's explanation of how this pre-Colombian settlement was an important destination for pilgrimages, center of worship for the Mayan people and is still considered sacred today.
Visit the Temple of Kukulkan, which enjoys a special trick of the light during the spring and fall equinoxes. View the Temple of the Jaguars, the Temple of the Warriors and the Observatory. Hear about the meaning of the staircases, stone carvings, platforms, pyramids and ball courts according to the mythology and cosmology of the ancient Mayan people.
Board your vehicle for transportation back to hotel, enjoying a provided box lunch on the way. Arrive back at your Cancun hotel at approximately 3pm.
Went with our 2 sons 9 and 15 and we all agreed this was the highlight of our vacation. Our guide was entertaining and obviously cares very much about the history of his culture. Doing the early tour is a must if you want to see the architecture without being harassed to buy souvenirs everywhere you turn.
Frank and Ramon were great! Frank was very knowledgeable and provided us with a great tour filled with information. He knows the ins and outs very well and showed us a lot. The tour was a little large and he did a great job explaining where we needed to be and when. I would highly recommend this tour. As a bit of advice, the bus can get hot and if you weren't hot by then, you will be once you get to Chichen Itza. I would highly recommend an evaporative cooling cloth and the standard sun-screen, hat, cool clothes and bug spray.
Our tour guide Frank and driver Ramon were excellent. I was a little skeptical about Amigo Tours because of the reviews. The tour guide was extremely informed and willing to share as much info as we wanted to learn. The drive was great to and from Our hotel. Clean/new bus. Bring/buy lunch at Itza
Marco was so knowledgeable. One of the best tours we and #39;ve been on. It is an early morning, slow start, but the tour can and #39;t be beat. The number of people arriving when we were leaving was incredible. Got the best pictures without a sea of people in them.
This tour was amazing! It and #39;s Informative, perfect time of the day, avoided the crowd and long lines, and comfortable bus. The tour guide is very knowledgeable and understanding. Bus driver is good too.
It was amazing! Fantastic service from the early morning pick up to the afternoon drop. They gave us a lunch pack when we boarded the bus in the morning and cold bottles of water when we boarded back after the tour ended in the afternoon. The guide Frank was brilliant. He was very well informed, engaging and attentive. Please wear a big hat and stay hydrated. There are medical emergency services on site if you feel ill. Highly recommend the tour.
Amazing tour, this was our second time going, and going early and having our own tour guide made this experience extraordinary! We enjoyed and LEARNED so much more!
Our tour guides Frank and Ramon were fantastic and added immeasurably to our trip. We recommend the early trip over to avoid the crowds and heat!
Christina United States of ...
Going early was well worth it. Frank was our Archeologist and he was very knowledgeable and friendly. He went above and beyond. Highly recommend this tour.