- Day trip to Xcaret, an eco-archaeological park located along the Riviera Maya
- Engage in a variety of water activities, including swimming, snorkeling and exploring underground river channels
- Stroll through Mayan Village, a butterfly pavilion, an orchid garden and an aquarium
- Delight in sighting macaws, monkeys, deer and other wildlife
- Watch a mesmerizing night show of Mayan and Mexican music, lights and dance
- Round-trip transport from most Cancun hotels included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Nature, history and fun in the sun: There is something for everyone at Xcaret, an eco-themed park offering activities in a natural setting by the Caribbean Sea. It’s a great place to learn about the Mayans, who once practiced sacred rites on these very grounds.
What You Can Expect
Explorers and budding archaeologists can head beneath the Riviera Maya jungle to underground caverns, where the Mayans once engaged in cleansing rituals before boating to Cozumel island to pray to the goddess of fertility and childbirth. Stumble upon rivers and perhaps spot macaws, monkeys and deer along the way. Once you make your way out of the underground labyrinth, find yourself at Mayan Village.
Learn about family traditions and village infrastructure at exhibits; visit archaeological sites; or marvel at the beauty of the orchid garden. For more wildlife wonders, head over to the aviary, butterfly pavilion and coral reef aquarium. Meanwhile beach lovers can snorkel in crystal blue waters to spot sea turtles, take a dip in the inlet lagoon, and then soak up the sun on a natural beach.
At the end of the day, you can get dropped off at your hotel or stay for Xcaret México Espectacular, a popular night show featuring more than 300 performers in traditional costumes. Through drama, music and dance, learn about Mayan and Mexican history and culture from pre-Columbian times to present day.
After the show concludes, enjoy easy bus transport back to your Cancun hotel.
Xcaret Plus option:
Includes a buffet lunch with orange juice and lemonade, snorkeling gear and the use of the Plus Area, a more private shower and changing room facility.