- Shark diving tour from Cape Town
- Journey into the open ocean from Gansbaai, a fishing village known for its dense population of great white sharks
- Enjoy breakfast at the Great White House before heading off your adventure
- Learn about the sharks in their natural habitat from an onboard marine biologist and expert guides
- Jump into the cage and prepare for the experience of a lifetime as you ‘swim’ with great white sharks
- In addition to sharks, look for the rest of the ‘marine big five’: whales, dolphins, seals and penguins
- Purchase an optional professional video of your shark-divinge experience so you can show off to friends back home!
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
On arrival in Gansbaai, your driver will drop you off to enjoy breakfast (or lunch if your tour start time is delayed due to bad weather) at the shark-diving center, known as the Great White House. During this time, you'll meet the expert guides who are leading you on your adventure and be fitted for your diving gear.
Board the specialized diving boat and enjoy an exhilarating 20-minute boat ride to Dyer Island. Your captain will stop in the optimal spot, and then the onboard team will tempt the great whites to the boat with bait so you’ll get a fantastic view of the sharks before heading into the shark-diving cage. The boat will stay anchored for approximately two hours, depending on the shark activity.
Your cage is attached to the boat and will stay just a few feet/meters below the water’s surface during your dive, which means it’s quick and easy to get out of the water as soon as you want. If you don't want to get into the cage at all, you’ll still have awesome views of the sharks as they swim around the boat. Keep your eyes peeled for more of the animals known as the ‘marine big five’: sharks, dolphins, whales, seals and penguins.
While you’re on board the boat, hydrate and refuel with the included drinks and snacks. Once back on shore, enjoy a light refreshment at the Great White House, where you can purchase a professional video of your once-in-a-lifetime experience, if you wish.
Had an incredible experience, would recommend this tour to anyone. The crew aboard the ship, as well as the staff at the lodge, drivers everyone was friendly and provided excellent service. Not to mention getting up close and personal with numerous great whites was something that can't really be put into words.
The pickup, the journey and the experience were perfect. The organisation was perfect. Only we were unlucky that the ocean wasn't so nice to us and we got a little seasick. Other than that I would rate everything 10 out of 10.