Excellent trip! Pick up was 5 am. Over 2 hour drive from Cape Town. Breakfast, briefing, sharks dive, sea lions on the way back, dinner, and return to cape town. I was back shortly after 4pm
- Breakfast: potatoes, eggs, bacon, bread. Lunch: light sandwich, hot coco, salt and vinegar chips. Dinner: soup and buttered bread
- Nice boat specific for shark dives. Steady less sea sickness. Boat ride out about 20 min and back a little more as you go through shark alley to see sea lions
- Staff is excellent. Kind and always willing to answer questions
- Guaranteed a marine biologist on board to answer questions and give some background
- Provided a dry clean wet suit, sturdy rain jacket to cut the cold wind on the boat ride, and a towel when you climb out
- Sharks were amazing! We saw 14 different sharks, the biggest about 14-15 feet. Each person saw 2-3 while in the cage, but they would pass by many times
- I had over an hour in the cage! Each person gets about 30 min. They don't time it, but instead try to give everyone a similar experience. If there is time at the end they will let you go again if you ask
- The record a video available for purchase 150 rand
- They take pictures that are posted on the website free of charge
- The water was very still and the extremely clear! We lucked out. Go in the cage 1st, the water gets murky from the bait and chum as the day goes on
- There were 34 people on board 32 of which were diving. The boat was big enough, but this meant less time in the water and harder to take pictures from the boat everyone wanted the side with the cage
- Just enough food, but no seconds
- They record a video, but the editing in minimal. They basically stick the clips together. There was no underwater shots on the video, but they had an underwater go-pro running most of the time. They don't give you a disc, but a download code, so maybe the final product has more editing/underwater shots?
Best spot in the cage: end toward back of boat!
one word....AWESOME! you can NOT miss this tour. book it now!! this group does so much more than tours...they do research and conservation efforts so every dollar you spend helps further the study and conservation of these magnificent animals. we saw at least 8 sharks on our half day. be warned though....your hotel pickup time may be anywhere from 2am - 4am depending on where your hotel is at. the drive is 2.5 hours from cape town so bring something to keep you busy!
well, point one - take sea sickness pills or patches - even if you've never had a problem! I have been in water my whole life and never got ill - this was a shock! outside of that, awesome! you don't have to go underwater in the cage if you don't want to which was a plus as I thought I had to snorkel. better pics from on the boat vs in the cage for me - it was too fast in the water. we saw about 10 sharks that day with the last one being the biggest! long drive to get there from Camps Bay but well worth it!
INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE ALL ROUND! So much food, great video, lovely staff, lots of time in the cage!
From the driver to the crew...AMAZING!!!! So well WORTH IT! great deal.
Real Bucket List experience! Thank you so much, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Marine Dynamics is an excellent company to do this tour with - Viator is the third party that you book through. The Marine Dynamics team were very knowledgable and I felt completely safe during the entire trip. If you're going to do this, remember that there are days where the water will be very choppy and there will be a lot of movement around the boat. Make sure you can handle this! I had a wonderful time on this excursion and would definitely recommend it! Cheers
Amazing!!! We saw 5 sharks! The service of the crew was excellent, I strongly recomend it!!!
Awesome experience..professionally run and extremely safe. Do it if you get the chance!!!
Amazing experience. Unfortunately it was a rough sea day as well as extremely cold - obviously nothing that could be done and not tour's fault! Neither my husband or I went into the water but it didn't limit the thrill of the experience for us. Fantastic to see such amazing creatures so close up. Worth noting that since it is a 2 hr drive from Cape Town, pick up in the city can start very early.4am for us and we were the second couple in the van. Would not stop me from doing it again though.
Go on this tour, guides are great just one of those bucket list must haves!! Saw over twenty sharks!! Awesome experience of a lifetime
We got picked up from our hotel very early then driven to where the boats set off from. Awesome experience and I would say that I would even go again it was that much fun.
An amazing company that had well informed specialists on board. Offered breakfast and lunch at thier base on land. Snacks and drinks are available on the boat.
Recommend highly! Would book with them again! We managed to see 13 different sharks whilst we were out at sea and good cage time
Being on a boat, inside a cage with seven 4 meter White sharks swimming around, It's something that will always be remembered. The highlight of my trip!
Fabulous experience. Two hour drive from Capetown, leaving very early in the morning, but gave us a good overview of the area traveling to the dive site. Hubby went into the cage and I took photos from deck. Would probably brave it and go in next time. Excellent staff, marine biologists on board. A great experience!
Clay S USA
The crew is highly professional, and the trip went off without a hitch, despite bad weather.
Viator is a facilitator website - the actual shark adventure was through a local operator. But it was really well organized, great communication between the two companies so Marine Dynamics had us squared away! Fun trip! Sharks are magnificent - and better than on whats presented on TV. Great equipment, marine biologist on board was a great asset, very professional staff. Everyone stayed in the water with the sharks far longer than I expected, AND WE SAW A TONE OF HUGE SHARKS.
Mark K. Hungary
The trip was well organized and the Team does really their job, they do what they promise; nobody can walk away without seeing any shark. They are also prepared for situations; like if you are hungry, they have refreshments for you (eg. hot chock, sandwiches, chips and soft drinks), they treat you if you have sea-sick, etc. Full attention. The cruise to the deepwater (next to Dyer Island) is also scenic and if you like speed and adventure, sit into the front of the boat. Waiting for the different shark species in the Ocean is also a worthwhile and as a lot of the reviewers told; a lifetime experience.
The soup was also more than all right at the end in Great White House.
Great trip it was both Educational and Exciting, I have a new and positive regard of the Great White Shark .