- 4-hour cultural tour of Cape Town with an expert local guide
- Discover the character and colorful houses of Bo-Kaap (Malay Quarter) and visit Bo-Kaap Museum
- Walk around City Bowl and visit a locally renowned spice shop
- Get a glimpse of home life in modern-day home Cape Town while enjoying a traditional meal at a private home
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Cape Town hotels included
Continue your tour down the slopes of Signal Hill to City Bowl to discover the area that’s considered the heart of Cape Town. Lying at the foot of Table Mountain, City Bowl is home to some of the city’s most eye-catching Cape Malay architecture and your guide will point out several of its most interesting examples. Visit a traditional spice shop to learn about the aromatic spices that are prevalent in the local cuisine, and chat with the shop owner about South African food and life in the city.
While exploring the colorful streets of City Bowl, your guide will introduce you to your dinner hosts who will welcome you into their house for a home-cooked traditional meal. Termed as ‘rainbow cuisine’ for its multicultural influences, South African food is distinctly varied, with curries and meat dishes being prominent. The meal served varies by day, but you can expect to enjoy a curry or perhaps a delicious chicken, fish or vegetable stew.
After spending an hour eating and chatting with your guide and hosts about Cape Malay culture and South African cuisine, hop back on board your minibus and return to your Cape Town hotel.