- 45-minute Cape Peninsula helicopter flight from Cape Town
- Fly over Table Mountain, one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature
- Admire the rugged cliffs of Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope from every angle
- See Robben Island, the Twelve Apostles mountain range and the beautiful white beaches of Long Beach, Muizenberg and Hout Bay
- Look out for the penguin colony at Boulders Beach
- Watch as the landscape changes from sandy beaches to rocky coast lines to beautiful vineyards
What You Can Expect
Continue around the prominent peak of Karbonkelberg, and then look down as the landscape changes from wide sandy beaches to gentle rock formations and hidden bay as it narrows down to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, with its untouched floral habitat and undulating hills. Almost unexpectedly your eyes meet the dramatic cliffs of the legendary Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, which together form the very tip of the Cape Peninsula.
Enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the Cape Point Lighthouse and watch the waves batter the imposing structure, which clings to the cliffs. Then, head back up the peninsula, reaching the calmer waters of Simon's Town, with its historic naval base. Keep an eye out for the penguin colony of Boulder’s Beach, and fly over the beachside suburbs of Fish Hoek and Muizenberg, taking in the awe-inspiring seascapes of False Bay.
Return to Cape Town along the opposite side of the mountains, via the luscious vineyards of Constantia and the southern suburbs. You’ll conclude your journey back at the heliport at the V&A Waterfront.
After a couple days of overcast skies and rain, we finally got a clear and sunny day for our helicopter flight. The 45 minute scenic flight was fantastic. I got the tour for Colleen as a Christmas present to enjoy at the end of our 30 day cruise. Cape Town and area are beautiful and lively. The flight was well organized and operated by Cape Town Helicopters. We took off on time and did a circle of the cape area. The pilot was informative and friendly. We took lots of pictures and felt that the longer flight was good value for a special day in Cape Town.
The weather was not very good, it was windy and cloudy, and we didn't see what it was supposed to.