- Private shark dive in Gansbaai with transport from Cape Town
- Ride by boat to the waters around Dyer Island to see great white sharks
- Under the watchful eye of the onboard crew, descend into the water in a shark cage
- Learn about the marine wildlife in South Africa from the onboard marine biologists
- Savor breakfast or lunch in the Great White House in Gansbaai
- Upgrade to enjoy comfortable round-trip transport between your Cape Town hotel and Gansbaai
What You Can Expect
On arrival, your driver will drop you off to enjoy breakfast or lunch (depending on your start time) at the shark-diving center, known as the Great White House. While eating, you'll meet your private guides – experts in marine biology – who will help fit your safety gear and give a detailed safety briefing.
Board your specialized diving boat and enjoy an exhilarating 20-minute boat ride over the waters around Dyer Island. After stopping in the best spot, watch the onboard crew attract the great whites to the boat with bait, and then step inside your shark-diving cage to enter the water. Your boat will stay anchored for roughly two hours, depending on the shark activity.
Your cage is attached to the boat and floats partly above the water’s surface and partly a few feet/meters below, allowing you to hold your breath and enter the water to see the sharks easily as you wish, no diving experience is needed.
Drinks and snacks are available on board for you to enjoy throughout the experience. Plus, once back on dry land, you'll enjoy hot soup and bread at the Great White House, where you can also purchase a souvenir video of your shark dive.
Your experience concludes inside the Great White House, or, if you've upgraded, with a drop-off at your hotel in Cape Town.