- Private Cape Town tour, led by a knowledgeable local guide
- Ride up Table Mountain by cable car (own expense) or ogle the city views from Signal Hill
- Enjoy a Cape Town walking tour and see attractions such as the Castle of Good Hope and Grand Parade
- Stop for photos at the eclectic Bo-Kaap neighborhood and admire the legendary Noon Gun
- Relax on a scenic drive along the Atlantic coastline and pass through Clifton and Camps Bay
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and see the sights that interest you most
What You Can Expect
Perhaps start with a cable car ride up Table Mountain, the city’s famous UNESCO World Heritage site. The ride is at your own expense and subject to good weather conditions, but once at the top the views are magnificent. Alternatively, skip the ride and travel up Signal Hill by minivan. The hill is a classic Cape Town vantage point and a picturesque spot for ogling the city and beach vistas.
Return to town for a walking tour around Cape Town itself. Wander past Company’s Gardens, a colonial-era park boasting a pretty Rose Garden and large fish pond, and then stroll to the Castle of Good Hope. Pose for photos by the star-shaped fort while hearing tales of its 17th-century history when the Dutch East India Company built it.
Walk along Grand Parade and past several sites linked to the city’s tenuous history with slavery such as Slave Lodge and the Old Slave Tree, and gaze at top Cape Town attractions including the Houses of Parliament and District Six Museum. Greenmarket Square and St George’s Mall are also worked in to your route.
Return to your minivan for a visit to Noon Gun — Cape Town’s historical time signal — plus the colorful neighborhood of Bo-Kaap. Stop for photos by the candy-colored houses, and hear how the district has changed from a shanty town to a vibrant city neighborhood with a melting pot of cultures.
Enjoy a break at the V&A Waterfront for lunch and perhaps a boat ride around the harbor (both at your own expense). After enjoying some free time, meet back up with your guide, and then relax on a scenic drive alongside the Atlantic coastline. Watch the waves crashing against the jagged shores, and pass through swanky neighborhoods such as Clifton and Camps Bay. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at your Cape Town hotel.