- Half-day trip to the Stellenbosch wine region in the Western Cape
- Enjoy a walking tour of the town of Stellenbosch, loved for its Cape Dutch architecture and oak trees
- Visit one of the region’s historic wineries, such as the Merelust Estate
- Sample South African Pinotage and chat about fine wines with your expert guide
- Travel by luxury minivan and pass scenic mountain ranges and lush valleys
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
On a walking tour around the city center, your guide will tell you about some of the history of this ancient city and explain how it came to be synonymous with great South African wine. Admire the abundant Cape Dutch and Georgian architecture as you walk along Stellenbosch’s leafy, tree-lined streets. The city is known locally as Eikestad, meaning ‘city of oaks,’ because of the numerous oak trees that line its secluded streets.
Continue to one of the nearby historic wine estates for a wine-tasting session with your expert guide. The exact winery visited will change depending on availability on the day of your tour, but possible estates include Charmony, KWV Wines, Merelust Estate or Uitkyk Estate. Sample local Pinotage, a red wine grape that prides itself on being South Africa’s signature variety, and learn about the Stellenbosch wine region’s Mediterranean climate and different soils that help create its highly regarded fine wine.
After an hour at the wine estate, hop back on board your luxury coach for the scenic journey back to Cape Town.
Prompt pick up ...interesting tour guide ...not enough time to stop in town of Stellanbosch as we were too busy drinking at the two wineries we visited ! ...Great fun ...would recommend !
Great short trip of wineries, which we enjoyed very much!