- 4-hour Table Mountain hike in Cape Town, led by an expert guide
- Learn about the geology of Table Mountain, a UNESCO-listed site and one of the New7Wonders of Nature
- See incredible flora and fauna as you walk to Platteklip Gorge and then around the mountain’s flat-topped ridge
- Admire breathtaking panoramas of South Africa’s Hinterland, the Cape of Good Hope and the Twelve Apostles
- Pose for photos against the backdrop of False Bay before descending to Cape Town
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Listen to an introduction about Table Mountain’s geology, and then start your ascent, climbing the stone steps up to Platteklip Gorge. Setting a steady pace, your guide will stop plenty of times on the way to let you catch your breath and admire the city skyscape as it drops into the background.
Your walk to the flat ridge of Table Mountain takes roughly two hours, following gently winding paths and stone-stepped trails; it’s not a simple route up, but one that adds to the aura of bliss when you hit the top. Look inland to see the Hinterland’s hazy blue-tinged mountains and then out toward Cape Town’s harbor and the ocean that stretches as far as the eye can see.
Enjoy some free time at the summit to pose for pictures against the backdrops of False Bay, the Cape Winelands and the dramatic Cape of Good Hope, and then start your descent to the bottom. Watch the coastline take center stage, and marvel at the Atlantic coastline framed by the Twelve Apostles. Your tour then finishes with a hotel drop-off in the early afternoon.